Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Crash with logitech extreme 3d joystick

Just purchased chaseplane. It crashes randomly (after a couple of minutes) when I have my logitech extreme 3d pro joystick plugged in. Any ideas? Here are the exceptions in event viewer:

Application: ChasePlane.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at SlimDX.DirectInput.Joystick.GetCurrentState(SlimDX.DirectInput.JoystickState ByRef)
   at SlimDX.DirectInput.Joystick.GetCurrentState()
   at OP_Janet_Library.CP_Inputs.Device_JoystickInput(System.Threading.AutoResetEvent, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>)
   at DynamicClass.CallSite.Target(System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite, OP_Janet_Library.CP_Inputs, System.Object, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>)
   at OP_Janet_Library.CP_Inputs+<>c__DisplayClass122_0.<GenerateJoystickList>b__1()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I am on p3d v4, windows 10. Have tried uninstalling joystick driver and software and reinstalling as well as chase plane, but no luck.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Hi,

Is you joystick connected to a HUB or directly in your computer?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

Hi,

Is you joystick connected to a HUB or directly in your computer?

Directly into the computer's front USB ports. I'm reinstalling the latest nvidia drivers and uninstalled some old .net frameworks I had laying around. Other than that, I'm at a loss.

Alfredo Terrero

It didn't work. It just crashes left and right. I forgot to mention I have saitek pro flight rudder pedals, but I don't have any buttons mapped to it in chaseplane. I'm at a loss as it's a really great program but it doesn't let me enjoy it.

Alfredo Terrero

Try removing the rudder pedals and let me know it that is the cause of the issue.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

19 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Try removing the rudder pedals and let me know it that is the cause of the issue.

Well I just played around with setting up the pmdg ngx, and no crash after 10+ minutes (before I would get a crash every 2-3 minutes). I also noticed that it crashes when the pedals are plugged in but the joystick isn't. It seems to dislike both pedals and joystick being plugged in at once. Is there any immediate solution to this, or do I just have to wait until this bug is fixed?

Alfredo Terrero

There is no solution for now but we are looking into a permanent solution to the issue.

Thanks you for reporting it!

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

7 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

There is no solution for now but we are looking into a permanent solution to the issue.

Thanks you for reporting it!

Thanks for the help. I wonder if there's a way to "hide" the rudder pedals only from chase plane, so it doesn't see them. Otherwise, I'll have to wait out for an update as I need both the joystick and pedals.

Alfredo Terrero

I assume when this bug is fixed it will first appear as an experimental version, correct? If so, I'll just turn on the experimental builds so I'll get the fix as soon as it is ready.

Alfredo Terrero

After some more testing, it appears that the current stable version works if I have only 1 controller plugged in (either the logitech joystick or the saitek rudder pedals). Plugging in both leads to the crashes. The current experimental version, though, refuses to work more than a couple of seconds with the saitek rudder pedals, even if the joystick is disconnected. It works fine with the joystick. Hope this helps to narrow down the issue.

Alfredo Terrero

1 hour ago, kjjj11223344 said:

I assume when this bug is fixed it will first appear as an experimental version, correct? If so, I'll just turn on the experimental builds so I'll get the fix as soon as it is ready.

This is correct

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 9/6/2017 at 11:32 PM, Keven Menard said:

This is correct

Are you still working about fixing that problem?

ChasePlane (p3d 3.4) crashes every few moments when using saitek pro flight rudder pedals.

Also ChasePlane crashes while using the a320-x from FsLabs.

I just upgrade my P3D from version 3.4 to 4.1 and i want to remind you guys that ChasePlane is still crashing while using the Saitek rudder pedals, this is really annoying.

On 10/12/2017 at 5:13 PM, Eyal Gavish said:

I just upgrade my P3D from version 3.4 to 4.1 and i want to remind you guys that ChasePlane is still crashing while using the Saitek rudder pedals, this is really annoying.

I had to reinstall Windows 10 and p3d, and I’m happy to report that I’m not getting anymore crashes (this is with chaseplane 0.3.69), the latest stable version as of this writing.

Im not sure if there was just something messed up with my old windows 10 install, but chaseplane works great now, with both my Logitech controller and my saitek pro flight rudder pedals plugged in. Something else that could have fixed it is that I installed the latest software and drivers for the rudder pedals from saitek and for the joystick from Logitech. Hope this helps, and I’ll report back if I do get anymore crashes (I flew today for around 40 minutes and it was very stable... before chaseplane would crash within 5 minutes).

Alfredo Terrero