Sign in to follow this  
Jocko Flocko

Quick question regarding the RXP530/430 units before purchase.

I figured I would see if the "Other Guys" GNS 530/430 units would install *trouble free* into simple Carenado and Alabeo aircraft VC's that *officially* support the old FSX version of the RXP 530/430 units... They will and do to a certain extent, however I had to do some major panel config editing to get the units to pop-up properly. When I did manage to get the "Other Guys" units to work as advertised, the VC displays were completely misaligned and looked terrible. On the Alabeo DA40 for example, it was so far off center that it looked like it was cutting off the display on the top 430 unit. Now, I'm not a guy that's looking for absolute perfection with units that were just released several days ago, and I do know my way around panel and aircraft configs, but will these new RXP 530/430 v2 GNS units look the same way they did in FSX but in P3D version 3.4? I sure as heck don't mind having to replace lines of text like RXP530 with RXP530v2 in panel configs if it's going to actually look right after doing it. The *SOLE* reason I would be purchasing these new version 2 units is so I could have the good old RXP units back in my Carenado, Alabeo and other aircraft that I have purchased over the last several years in P3D; I basically own their entire catalogues of aircraft.

To add, I did run the RXP installers found in the aircraft directories of the planes I was trying to "convert" for usage in P3D v3.4 before running the "Other Guys" configuration utility. Each time the outcome was the same, the pop-up panel didn't work without having to manually edit the panels.

Andrew Walker

Hi Andrew,

First and foremost, GNS V2 now comes with an assistant, sitting in your add-ons menu, which permits among other things to create popup windows with many options (1 or 2 windows, position, gauge type etc...).

It also auto-detects any other gauge which 'resemble' a GNS and offers to replace it, with again, many options such as keep same width (height might vary), keep same size (ratio might not be correct), manual W x H values. 

Having said this, replacing our legacy GNS with GNS V2 has limitation, mostly for two reasons:

- GNS V2 size ratio (W x H) is slightly different than legacy GNS.

- Third party aircraft VC integration is designed to position the gauge so as to make its screen appear in the dedicated 3D polygon on the panel, so as to hide the gauge bezel. GNS V2 no include a feature which was only available in our professional license, which permits you configuration a gauge without the bezel (screen-only).

You can tour some of the panel mods shared by other customers, which I thank a lot for this, in this thread:

Given your familiar with the panel.cfg, studying them shall give you some insights!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

along the lines of 530 and 430: any plan for bundle pricing like what the other vendor did with their two gtn?

if not, getting one 530 license will allow cross fill with another 530? 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Each license grants you the capability to run 2 devices of the same type, with crossfill. I'd also tend to think comparing options solely on price is missleading, especially when both options look similar only on the surface. It's pretty much like all cars have 4 wheels and carry from A to B, but what about the journey... And how do you feel seated...

• Upvote 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Well it was a great decision, I am extremely pleased with the RXP 530 and it's *EASE* of use within P3D via the addons menu. It really cuts down on customization time when first installing them into aircraft as well as being able to tailor the RXP units to the traits of that specific aircraft and it's onboard avionics. Though like the gentlemen above says, it would be nice to get both the 530 and 430 with a discounted price, however, that said, after looking at the coding behind the units, especially the ability to remotely control them via keyboard commands or external hardware and the fact that cross-fill is free and fully functional, the pricing is fair.

I'll end up getting the 430 too. ;)

• Upvote 1

Andrew Walker

18 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Well it was a great decision, I am extremely pleased with the RXP 530 and it's *EASE* of use within P3D via the addons menu.

Thank you for your kind words and support! Believe me, there is more behind the bezel than just a trainer!

• Upvote 1

thanks for the reply.  xfill for 530 will be great once funds are released!

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Amazing, the 'in simulator' RealityXP aircraft manager under the FSX/P3D Addons drop down menu, not only allows you to replace old V1 RXP units but *ANY*  virtual cockpit GPS units found in older Alabeo and/or Carenado aircraft. This is a *MASSIVE* time saver. An example is the excellent Carenado Cessna 208B Grand Caravan, both passenger and cargo versions. Simply run the built in addon utility and replace the 208B's Carenado 430 GPS with the new RXP430 V2 unit. Sure, it might stretch it a bit but at least you no longer have to have a pop-up window blocking your view inside the VC. :)

• Upvote 1

Andrew Walker