Sign in to follow this  
ASchwarz

GTN X50 2nd instance hangs after short

Hello all.

As an owner of both the GTN 750 and GTN 650 I am trying desperately to get those to work. So either dual 650 or dual 750 or 650 & 750 together (like in the Bell 429). 
The problem is that only one instance can run OK. The other, after clicking thru the welcome screens stops working after short. 
The same is indicated in sim (11.05) by the screen though showing output does not react to inputs anymore.
When looking at the tasks in task manager that one of the GTN Trainer 32 processes even so using memory shows 0% cpu usage. 

In this stage you cannot shut down X-Plane or change the airplane until the "dead" process is killed via windows task manager (I am using Windows 10). 
After killing the GTN trainer 32 process I can disable the "hanging" GTN via the plugins menu and when I reenable the start screen shows up again and it is operating for some time but after short the same will reocvur to either screen.

In this case it does not matter if running as 3D panel integrated mode or via popup window. 

So far I tried uninstalling / reinstalling, change settings and multiple tests with single, dual, in any possible 750/650 combination.

Can somebody help with this? 

Thx. . 

Hi, is this a case where you receive a msg notification on the device that the runtime is about to expire, and then a few moments later it effectively 'blur' the screen?

If so, this means when powering up the unit, you should have a notification of invalid license as well on the boot screens isn't it?

If so, can you confirm you have purchased BOTH the 650 and the 750, and if so, you might want to reinstall using the e-commerce installer and your purchase key/password.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi, is this a case where you receive a msg notification on the device that the runtime is about to expire, and then a few moments later it effectively 'blur' the screen?

If so, this means when powering up the unit, you should have a notification of invalid license as well on the boot screens isn't it?

If so, can you confirm you have purchased BOTH the 650 and the 750, and if so, you might want to reinstall using the e-commerce installer and your purchase key/password.

Actually. no. It does not blur the screen neither it states the license is invalid. The screen of one of the GTN's just freezes. 
I have verified I have purchased both models (650 & 750) and the Reality XP installation folder contains 2 .lic files, 2 .key files (one for GTN650 and one for GTN750) as well as 2 "Proof of purchase" html docs. 
I will try to reinstall but before I do this I have a question on that part:
I assume the issue is based on file locking as both instances of the GTN trainer use the same database and log file location. What are the recommendations on installing two different purchases: Can they use the same installation folder for the GTN trainer or should it be duplicated? So each installation uses its own database folder. Same for the Reality XP installation folder - one folder for both purchases or two individual - one for the GTN 650 and one for the GTN 750? 

There is no issue having both trainer sharing the files that they share, because we take care of this internally, otherwise, there would be massive problem reports in these forums.

Please allow us some more time to try understanding what could cause this and offer some solutions. This looks like a system related issue and we don't have any other similar report to compare with.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

It looks like you may have the same problem as shown at the end of my video. First power up of the battery all is fine and the GTN750/GTN650 work great. If I power off the the last screen to show freezes on both 750 and 650. Power up the battery and they may work or not, end up battery on and off till I get both working.

If I exit X-Plane 11 with battery still on and GTN750/650 on it locks up with crash, X-Plane that is.

Too exit X-Plane clean I have to make sure the battery is switched OFF a minute or so before closing down.

Same using 750 X 2 

The GNS 530/430 works great no problems, I can switch on off and it always works and no hang-up of X-Plane when closing down.

Hope  the next update will fix this.:biggrin: