Sign in to follow this  
ai1

some questions about 747

First of of all, great product as usual !

I have some questions about the 747 fs2crew:

It is mentioned in the manual that several pre flight checks are not performed by the flight crew, but by the maintenance engineers (tcas test, fire warnings,...).  Is there a possibility to add this as an option, perhaps some kind of 'pre- preflight' ? So for example in the same manner as the fo starts up the plane, there is first an engineer that does some checks and then leaves the aircraft in a situation that the pilots normally see it?  Or is this something that will be done by UGCX (some kind of maintenance crew)? 

Or if not possible can all the pre flight checks be performed by the F.O. with some option?

Another question, some options are marked as 'reserved' (ex. climb thrust, failures). What exactly does this mean, are they features that will be added or am I missing something?

Thank you !

Kind regards,

Hi,

We'll see about adding the engineer checks in a future update.  But the manual is correct... those tests are almost always done before the crew even get on the plane.  The engineer does them.

Climb Thrust:  We wanted to model the EICAS climb thrust call (Climb 1 / Climb 2) in the climb out..  We're hoping PMDG updates the SDK so we can add this call.

Failures:  We may add some in the future, so it's just reserved for now.

Best,

Hi all!

I know this is an old post, however, since 5 years have elapsed, I was wondering if there was any update regarding the Failures: Reserved feature.

Cheers