Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

FSUIPC logging not working-ANSWERED

Hi, I have spent the summer building my cockpit and have now come to assigning

all of the buttons etc. My cockpit is based on the Carenado Phenom 300.

I am using FSX Acceleration, FSUIPC 2.958, LINDA 2.89 standard v2.

I have read the PDF manual which shows how to use the LINDA tracer but I

am not seeing any FSUIPC logging for FSX controls or ipc writes. The LINDA logging

is working fine so I can see the list of LVars scrolling through.

Do I need to do something in FSUIPC to get this working or am I doing something else wrong.?

I have tried starting FSX with the standard Cessna 172 in case my aircraft wasn't using any FSX controls at all (which I assumed was unlikely)

but I don't see any logging with the standard FSX aircraft either.

There are no filters shown in the filter box at the bottom.

cheers

Stinger

Edited by stinger2k2
Problem answered.

Ok, I have answered this myself.

I opened FSUIPC from within FSX under the add-ons dropdown and turned on the

logging there for ipc writes and fsx controls.

It now works in LINDA.

Thanks for looking anyway

cheers

Stinger

Hi Stinger

You need to edit the FSUIPC4.INI file and search for entry logoptions (from memory) and change it to yes. This allows external programs like LINDA to turn on/off FSUIPC logging options directly. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Ok

On 06/09/2017 at 1:04 PM, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Stinger

You need to edit the FSUIPC4.INI file and search for entry logoptions (from memory) and change it to yes. This allows external programs like LINDA to turn on/off FSUIPC logging options directly. 

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll do that. 

Cheers 

Stinger

On 9/6/2017 at 1:04 PM, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Stinger

Hi Andrew,

I found two entries in the FSUIPC4.ini file relating to logging.....

LogOptionProtect

LogEvents

Both were set to YES. I tried setting the first one to NO thinking that might be stopping LINDA changing

the logging options on the fly but to no avail.

So basically, if I try to change the tick boxes for logging FSX events in LINDA,  FSX crashes.

So any other suggestions would be appreciated. 

I also have a problem in as much as, as soon as I edit my actions.lua via the edit option within LINDA

I lose my joystick recognition by LINDA. Any ideas on this one too as its a pain having to restart FSX asnd LINDA

each time I edit my module.

thanks

Keith

P.S I am getting on well with the program other than that and I find it much more intuitive than the FSUIPC interface

for tracing event/Lvars etc.

Hi Keith

It is the first one, LogOptionProtect that should be set to NO. This enables the VRI and other logging in LINDA Console to be set to on. The LogEvents should be left as NO or deleted entirely.

Any changes made to actions.lua, user.lua or your joystick settings requires LINDA to be restarted. You can do this using the hotkeys CTRL+ALT+R. There should be no need to restart FSX.

I would strongly recommend you do not edit actions.lua directly. Any changes will be lost when a module is updated. I strongly recommend copying any functions you wish to modify to user.lua. These functions can be readily modified and will override (replace) the original function of the same name (case sensitive).

Glad you are enjoying using LINDA. Making interfacing complex functions is what it was designed for.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Keith

It is the first one, LogOptionProtect that should be set to NO. This enables the VRI and other logging in LINDA Console to be set to on. The LogEvents should be left as NO or deleted entirely.

Any changes made to actions.lua, user.lua or your joystick settings requires LINDA to be restarted. You can do this using the hotkeys CTRL+ALT+R. There should be no need to restart FSX.

I would strongly recommend you do not edit actions.lua directly. Any changes will be lost when a module is updated. I strongly recommend copying any functions you wish to modify to user.lua. These functions can be readily modified and will override (replace) the original function of the same name (case sensitive).

Glad you are enjoying using LINDA. Making interfacing complex functions is what it was designed for.

Hi again,

I tried setting both LogOptionProtect and LogEvents to No then saved the ini file. When I try to tick the FSX Controls logging option within LINDA, FSX crashes.

Not to worry, I can still turn it on or off from within FSUIPC.

cheeers

Keith