Version 7.41 Released

From the VoxATC website:

News

6 September 2017 Version 7.41 released

Update to 7.4 to fix the following issues:

Incompatibility with P3D V4 add-ons that use its new facilities

Incorrect behaviour at the end of vectors to the an ILS approach in Europe

Faulty sppech recognition issues at some airports

Incorrect handling of scenery layers so that add-on airport data not used properly

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Any news on compatibility with Ultimate Traffic Live?   IMHO it's the best P3dv4 AI package available. 

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Do you have to uninstall 7.4 first to update to 7.41?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, vp49p3 said:

Any news on compatibility with Ultimate Traffic Live?   IMHO it's the best P3dv4 AI package available. 

That's been discussed previously. The developer of VOXATC is working on a new version of UT Bridge which is needed because both UT products use a proprietary database for storing the AI flight schedules. The original time estimate for release of the new UT Bridge was "months".

Keep in mind that UT Live is still in beta and hence a moving target.

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

Do you have to uninstall 7.4 first to update to 7.41?

I'm still away from my flight sim PC but I would suggest contacting the developer via the official website. Those changes  in 7.41 are fairly substantial.

OK - will do, thanks!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

If memory serves it has always been the developer's recommendation to uninstall any previous version prior to installing the new version.

Jay

Ah, and from the VoxATC webste:

The current version of VoxATC X is 7.41. If you wish to upgrade, uninstall your current VoxATC X, VoxPopBase and any VoxPop voices then download and install this version (and the VoxPop voices available here). Registration keys for versions earlier than 7 will not work with this version

An updated version of UT2Bridge will be available in a couple of months. Don't upgrade yet if you use Ultimate Traffic with VoxATC

Edited by jaybird1nyc
  • Upvote 1

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

I just checked.  The official website (no link allowed) says clearly to uninstall 7.4 and  VOXPop base/voices.I'm not at my flight sim PC, so have fun with the update. 

I've uninstalled 7.4 and tried to install 7.41, but the indexer is hanging at C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Weather\themes. This is the final folder in the P3D directory, which implies that it's struggling to work out what needs to be indexed next. I tried moving the folder in question out of the P3D directory temporarily and the indexer then hangs at the previous folder instead (In my case, a UK2000 folder), so it must be stuck trying to work out what to index after the main folders. Anyone else having this issue?

Okay, so there seems to be an issue with my P3D V4 addon folder. I renamed the folder so that the indexer would bypass it and now the indexer continues. There something in there it doesn't like, but I need to work out what...

8 hours ago, jaybird1nyc said:

From the VoxATC website:

News

6 September 2017 Version 7.41 released

Update to 7.4 to fix the following issues:

Incompatibility with P3D V4 add-ons that use its new facilities

Incorrect behaviour at the end of vectors to the an ILS approach in Europe

Faulty sppech recognition issues at some airports

Incorrect handling of scenery layers so that add-on airport data not used properly

I've managed to download it and install it to both P3d v3.4 and P3d v4. I've only done one flight in P3dv4, but the good news is I can use my A2A planes now. I flew from an uncontrolled airport to an uncontrolled airport. Still no prompts after reporting my airfield in sight, but departure and everything up to that point was smooth. I was able to request a frequency change to my destination's Unicom frequency. There was traffic at the airport. I reported my positions in the pattern, landed, and was able to close my flight plan by tuning to the appropriate FSS. Prompts kept telling me to tune back to the approach frequency, but overall, I was pretty happy with it.

Mac,

Yes, I just tried a quick test flight and my results were similar to yours. Some improvement, but certainly not the overall fix I was hoping for. Some other issues also cropped up, such as the green light taxi path being drawn as a straight line from my parking position all the way to the runway start point. And no taxi instructions as well. And about half of the ATC voice instructions not being heard. Not much good news to report here, but I just did some quick flights to test my previous squawks.

The update is a significant advancement, at least in my case. ATC hears me now in PMDG737, A2A planes have VOXATC panel now. I did uninstall existing VOXATC 7.something version and installed the 7.41 (I did not unistall VoxPopBase and Voices, no need) and it works this way.

I also did a very short checkout vfr flight. The issue that I had was: after reporting positions to tower, the tower does recognise my input, turns blue, then responds something in the line of 'go ahead', I need to respond with 'disregard...' and only after that I get the correct response from ATC, saying to report the next position.

Will test it further as soon as I will have some spare time. But all in all a nice improvement!

cheers, matt

i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 16 Gb Ram, strix gtx1070, P3D4, FSX

I have completed, successfully, one vfr and one ifr flight so far, and I am pleased to say the problems I was having before this latest release have been eliminated.

Well done Tegwyn, so far.

The only major issue that was reported for 7.4 and not resolved in 7.41 (to my knowledge) was the bug in the use of the newly released fsaerodata FIR/ARTCC frequencies. 

I just want to remind anyone that is posting here about a problem, that this is just an unofficial support forum. The best way to report an actual bug is on the official VOXATC website contact page.