Sign in to follow this  
jaybird1nyc

Version 7.41 Released

Same here - Indexer hangs every time at x:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Weather\themes

I expect you have done so but remember to give the indexer time to finish...mine seems to hang for a while but then starts again and finishes without any more problems.

The same thing happened with version 6.

Yes, tried four times and at one stage left it for 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Disappointed as I really wanted to purchase this but it seems far from ready at this stage.

i will keep an eye on this forum and hope it improves sometime soon.

2 hours ago, john1383 said:

I expect you have done so but remember to give the indexer time to finish...mine seems to hang for a while but then starts again and finishes without any more problems.

The same thing happened with version 6.

29 minutes ago, kymh said:

Yes, tried four times and at one stage left it for 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Disappointed as I really wanted to purchase this but it seems far from ready at this stage.

i will keep an eye on this forum and hope it improves sometime soon.

I would check your scenery.cfg very carefully with either a text editor or better yet the freeware scenery configuration editor:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

The VOXATC Indexer is only a good as your scenery, aircraft and AI schedule database. It doesn't compensate for inconsistencies, errors and 3rd party airports that have multiple copies.

I would also check your folder permissions as sometimes placing the sim or scenery in a folder that is protected by the OS creates unintended consequences.

As an aside, version 7.41 is very solid for me and I have experienced no bugs or errors (yet). 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I use REGULARLY Scenery Config Editor and the dual add-ons.cfg (which often have double entries from FlightBeam Sceneries) as it just often feels like P3Dv4 is buggy with addons.

With all addons removed and even temporarily moving out the Prepar3D v4\Weather\themes folder where it hangs, it will just hang elsewhere such as Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TU-95\texture (I don't understand why the indexer has to look in such locations).

No probs with the previous version but the trial time has about expired so time to give up anyway :-)