Sign in to follow this  
Tyszek

P3Dv4 freezes on approach

Hello! The problem appeared several times, though irregularly. It is about P3D freeze during the approach, usually within close proximity of the airport (40 nm). The simulator hangs, the cursor turns, loads, and when I click on the screen I get the message that P3D has stopped working and all I can do is close it. There is no rule of thumb for the scenery - I came up with an approach to LSZH, EPWA (precisely over the EPMO), and today while approaching the FSIA. Strangely, the EDDF-OMDB flight in the B777 was a success. I suspected that this was happening while loading the scenery. Maybe, but in that case Dubai, which is also quite heavy scenery did not cause freeze. Another thought is the plane. Although this happened in both PMDG 737 and PMDG 777. I don't use any cloud textures or AS16 so far, I am collecting funds. The only thing that is installed are the ones I mentioned. I'm counting on the help, as switching to P3DV4 was exciting to me that eventually OOM type bugs and other bugs would go away in memory, and now it only causes nerves :D Greetings!

Asus Z170 Pro GAMING

Intel Core i5 7600k 3,8 ghz (overclocked to 4,5 ghz)
Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL14
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB GDDR5 (192 Bit)
SilentiumPC Vero L1 600W
TC Near Konnekt 6
Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Prepar3D V4
ORBX Global
FlyTampa Dubai Rebooted
FSDG Seychelles V2
FsRealWx Pro
vPilot
PMDG 777
PMDG 737

In the PMDG CDU menu, go to options, sounds, and select "pre load all sounds."

I don't know if this will help since you're so far out, but it's worth a shot. 

53 minutes ago, godimaginedme said:

In the PMDG CDU menu, go to options, sounds, and select "pre load all sounds."

I don't know if this will help since you're so far out, but it's worth a shot. 

Switch it to selective or ALL ? 

First test flight completed :) And all seems to be ok. But in 737 i dont have a preload all sounds option in FMC, in 777 yes i have. I switched it there. I will be testing, THANKS !