Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

List of supported aircraft ?

Where can I find a list of current supported  aircraft?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

16 hours ago, warbirds said:

Where can I find a list of current supported  aircraft?

List can be found on the same Downloads page

Scroll down that page.

That includes almost all heavy hitters like...

PMDG 737 NGX, B777, B747 QOTS, JS41, MD-11

FsLabs A320

Majestic Q400

Aerosoft A320, DH6, and CRJ (coming soon)

Quality Wings 757, BAe 146

Level D 767,

Almost all Captain Sim aircraft (except C130), including those that have a flight engineer like B727 & B707

Can't list them all.

There is a reason why it took 11+ years to build this gigantic package.

It's important to note that we only list aircraft that have complex overhead panels or have a flight engineer station (which MCE simulates).

We list aircraft that we spend 3 to 4 months on (on average).

We give co-pilot the type rating and connect him to the switches so he can check both status and action them on request, be it via a direct command, or a custom trigger sentence that will get him to execute tons of actions in a row..

There are countless other simple aircraft that aren't listed but MCE will happily work with them.

That includes A2A and Carenado aircraft.

Any aircraft that is coded to use the FSX built-in token variables is supported out of the box.

We don't consider light aircraft worth multi-crewing, even though they are supported.

It's the level of interfacing that will vary for non-officially supported planes.

This is one of the reasons we have a Demo.

Thanks, I do hope you have plans to include the Xtreme Prototype Lear 25 at some time. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Ok got the demo and it seems to work just great. One thing I would like to know is how to get the copilot to interact with ATC?  I think I got him to acknowledge this request just once but he did nothing after that. 

Also have trouble with word  Nav so tried the custom voice training and will see if that helps. 

love it so far, thanks,,and oh, the voices are so natural I was surprised :)

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

14 hours ago, warbirds said:

Ok got the demo and it seems to work just great. One thing I would like to know is how to get the copilot to interact with ATC?  I think I got him to acknowledge this request just once but he did nothing after that. 

Also have trouble with word  Nav so tried the custom voice training and will see if that helps. 

Don't forget, only 3 recorded human voices ship with the Demo in order not to make it a huge download.

You can download and install 6 additional co-pilot voices (from the same downloads page.

Download package. Unzip and run "InstallVoice" for each of them. 

FO handling of ATC differs depending on whether you're on ground or airborne.

When airborne, assuming you hand him the COMMS with commands such as "your radio", you can expect him to handle ATC automatically.

On ground, he'll only acknowledge automatically. He won't initiate any request unless you ask him to.

For instance, you don't want him to ask for taxi when you aren't ready for it just yet. When you are, say "request taxi please", "obtain taxi clearance".

Same for takeoff.

Here are a couple of videos with Native ATC. And don't forget, we also support PF3 ATC and Radar Contact ATC

[media]

[media]

[/media]

It will definitely take more than the 3 days afforded by the Demo to get on with ATC, unless you're already versed in ATC Jargon, and can transmit with confidence.

Do not use traffic level above 40 or 50%

With native ATC, it' very hard to get your turn (or FO) to transmit, as every traffic acknowledges every single instruction. Something that doesn't happen at congested airports.

14 hours ago, warbirds said:

And that's not even MCE's forte.

MCE isn't a media player with a timer dishing out audio when something happens. It's completely interactive.

Wait until you realize that besides the pe-made flows which allow you to operate the supported heavies without setting up anything, it is actually posible to create custom trigger sentences and get the FO to do what you want and when you want it.

There is no other product in the universe that can do that :tongue:

Watch David create tasks for co-pilot on a non-supported archaic plane like DC2

[media]

[/media] 

Your imagination is the limit.

Thanks but that now brings up another question. The flow - from the video it seems like he sets up a flow and somehow activates it so the copilot is now doing all the pre start and start list without interaction from the user (pilot). 

I am not sure how to do that. I looked at the chart or flow you have for the PMDG 747 II and thought I had to print that out and ask the copilot to do each one but now I wonder if he can do the whole thing without my input? If so, how?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

30 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thanks but that now brings up another question. The flow - from the video it seems like he sets up a flow and somehow activates it so the copilot is now doing all the pre start and start list without interaction from the user (pilot). 

I am not sure how to do that. I looked at the chart or flow you have for the PMDG 747 II and thought I had to print that out and ask the copilot to do each one but now I wonder if he can do the whole thing without my input? If so, how?

With PMDG 747 QOTS loaded in the sim, start MCE and go to <Command> tab in user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

You should see a list of sentences.

These are trigger sentences for various flows.

You speak one of those sentences and the FO performs the whole list of actions that are part of the flow.

This is done so that users don't need to setup anything.

To accommodate ANY real world or virtual airline we did it this way, so that if airline A1 says it's your duty to do this and Fo's to do that, you can get the FO to do exactly what's required and handle whatever you want yourself.

If you have trouble memorizing the trigger sentences, change them to something that comes to you naturally.

Now if you wish, you could create a new flow, where upon speaking your custom command, FO will activate any switch you like.

That's what David is doing in the video for DC 2 because we don't ship pre-made flows for such aircraft.

You don't need to do that for major supported aircraft. Just need to be aware of the trigger sentences available.

If you can't see those trigger sentences, maybe setup is incomplete.

Suggest you reset MCE to factory settings.

Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

You'll have to go through the wizard. There is no need for speech training if you already performed that.

Thank you again :)

I did try this out and there are a lot of flows and procedures for the 747 and they seem not to be in any order on the list. Should ask for a flow or a procedure. I asked for the pre-start flow but realized that everything needs to be turned on first so is there a flow for that or do I use a procedure? 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

29 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thank you again :)

I did try this out and there are a lot of flows and procedures for the 747 and they seem not to be in any order on the list. Should ask for a flow or a procedure. I asked for the pre-start flow but realized that everything needs to be turned on first so is there a flow for that or do I use a procedure? 

The sentences ending with "flow" or "procedure" is just to give you some flexibility. They both do the same.

it's for cases where the user says "pre-flight flow" and nothing happens because the expected trigger sentence was "pre-flight procedure". So, either will do.

And if you don't want to memorize those exact sentences, explore what they do, then rename them in Voxscript Overview panel. Whatever you rename them to becomes the new trigger sentence.

For example, could rename "preflight procedure" to "I'm off for a cup of coffee make sure we're all setup for engine start". Eventually add other actions to the flow if it's not complete enough, so that when you come back, you can just ask FO to start engines.

I hope it's clear enough.

Mostly clear, a little foggy but still interesting. I understand I can use one or the other, flows or procedures, and if one does not connect try the other. By trial and error I could make a list of the ones that work in the order they should be and also rename them if needed. This seems to be a very flexible program, do you take PayPal?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Mostly clear, a little foggy but still interesting. I understand I can use one or the other, flows or procedures, and if one does not connect try the other. By trial and error I could make a list of the ones that work in the order they should be and also rename them if needed. This seems to be a very flexible program, do you take PayPal?

The most important thing is knowing what the flow is going to trigger.

Select one from the list and click <Edit>.

In "Voxscript Properties" decide whether you want the FO to comment on everything he does (option "Verbose" enabled), or silently (de-activate "Verbose" option.

If the flow is critical, and likely to wreak havoc when triggered by accident, secure it with option "Requires confirmation" enabled so that the FO won't go ahead until you confirm that.

Click <Edit script commands> and you should see all the actions FO will perform as part of the flow.

All those listed commands act as if you gave them to the FO as separate orders in the displayed sequence. Think of it as a speech simulator.

You're basically telling him exactly what to do, so we don't have to try to convince you that our "airline consultant" says so. 

Real world pilots can do things exactly as per their airline SOPs, while casual simmers, can just ignore those flows and ask Fo to flip the odd switch, move flaps, or dial something on request.

This isn't a scripted adventure with some hidden "expected robotic behaviour" to follow. Don't want to execute the checklist, don't ask for it. Have doubts whether you already did that, ask FO to read same checklist again.

can't be bothered to start from cold and dark? Jump into the cockpit in any state, co-pilot will always in sych.

He's trained for good airmanship and knows what's critical (requires confirmation) and what's less important. No need to click a panel to "move him" to the next phase, as he knows what you're doing, even if you started MCE mid-flight, in the middle of the Atlantic.

Yes PayPal and a dozen other ways to pay are acceptable .

Thank you, 

I did get the flow correct for up to takeoff (I think) but for some reason he left door 2 open and autopilot would not come on.

I started with "pre-flight procedure with ground power" next was "final cockpit preparations" and then "before start procedure" and then asked him to start engines (1,2,3,4) which he did. Then I asked for "before takeoff procedure" or it might have been "flow". I then took off and asked for autopilot which he pressed but did not light up or activate (I assume because door was open or). I am thinking I should have used "runway entry procedure"  or maybe "taxi out procedure" as that might have closed that door?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

26 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thank you, 

I did get the flow correct for up to takeoff (I think) but for some reason he left door 2 open and autopilot would not come on.

I started with "pre-flight procedure with ground power" next was "final cockpit preparations" and then "before start procedure" and then asked him to start engines (1,2,3,4) which he did. Then I asked for "before takeoff procedure" or it might have been "flow". I then took off and asked for autopilot which he pressed but did not light up or activate (I assume because door was open or). I am thinking I should have used "runway entry procedure"  or maybe "taxi out procedure" as that might have closed that door?

PMDG aircraft usually require  the bird to be trimmed properly and within the "conditions for engagement"  before you can engage auto-pilot. Same applies with NGX 737.

Sometimes you hit the button manually and you scratch your head about why it's not engaging

To close the doors you just need to tell cabin crew.

cabin crew close all doors.

flight attendants, close all doors.

cabin crew prepare for gate departure.

The thing to keep in mind, if something doesn't go to plan, it's not because you missed a particular flow.

the runway entry procedure (or flow) is about setting all the external lights. You could do that yourself and not need the FO for that.

It certainly won't be the trigger for next phase or anything like that

Unlike the other software, we don't enable speech commands based on which flight phase you're in.

You're free to ask for anything to be set anytime.

You can even try to trick the FO to retract the gear on ground (shut down IRS mid-flight) or extend the flaps at high speed. You'll see he's no fool.,

Thanks, been flying this plane a lot and never had that happen so I am sure it was the door. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png