Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

List of supported aircraft ?

I purchased product and it said I had to put the activation key into the MCE folder does it mean the subscription key,,and if so,,where do I put it exactly. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

46 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I purchased product and it said I had to put the activation key into the MCE folder does it mean the subscription key,,and if so,,where do I put it exactly. 

Welcome aboard Paul

Should have received an e-mail with instructions on how to activate.

Let me know otherwise.

Yes just got it and sent back machine number.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Got it all working but a bit disappointed in that very few planes have vox script flows. I only have one and that is the 747. The Flysimware Lear that is on the supported list has no script flows and none of the stock P3D aircraft have any as well. I guess I will have to learn how to make them myself. 

Can you add other voices such as those you can purchase online?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

11 hours ago, warbirds said:

Got it all working but a bit disappointed in that very few planes have vox script flows. I only have one and that is the 747. The Flysimware Lear that is on the supported list has no script flows and none of the stock P3D aircraft have any as well. I guess I will have to learn how to make them myself. 

Can you add other voices such as those you can purchase online?

No worries, could get you some flows done in no time for the default aircraft.

David, who has many educational videos related to MCE is usually sharing his elaborate flows.

Search the Avsim library for the Flysimware Learjet as well as the LM Connie

And as you can gather from this video, David has elected to ignore all the 10 human recorded voice packs we provide, preferring to use TTS "Jess" from Cereproc for extreme flexibility.

[media] 

[/media]

Go to Voice selection screen and click "TTS voices".

Any 32 Bit voice installed on your system will be listed.

Pick one up and click OK.

From then on, whatever crew member you assigned the voice to will use that voice.

TTS voices are particularly handy with flight attendants, so you can script all sorts of virtual conversations with them.

See what Dr Vesuvius, self proclaimed professor of "pretendology" did with "Jess". Hilarious :laugh::laugh:

[media] 

Can you make a list of aircraft you're flying besides PMDG 747?

Thanks, here are the aircraft I am flying in P3dv4 at this time ( will change when more get switched over from v3 to v4). 

Extreme Prototypes Lear 25d (I do have the Flysimware version but now prefer the XP version and thought maybe if the Flysimware version had flows they might work, with some editing, for the XP version).

A2A Connie (will also include the A2A B-17 and B-377 when they are v4 ready)

And the PMDG 747 which is fantastic with your flows :)

The Connie and other A2A heavies will have problems in that to start engines you have to turn, mesh, ignition - three things need to be done (maybe add prime) in sequence and no keys for those that I could find so custom coded.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

20 hours ago, warbirds said:

Thanks, here are the aircraft I am flying in P3dv4 at this time ( will change when more get switched over from v3 to v4). 

Extreme Prototypes Lear 25d (I do have the Flysimware version but now prefer the XP version and thought maybe if the Flysimware version had flows they might work, with some editing, for the XP version).

A2A Connie (will also include the A2A B-17 and B-377 when they are v4 ready)

And the PMDG 747 which is fantastic with your flows :)

The Connie and other A2A heavies will have problems in that to start engines you have to turn, mesh, ignition - three things need to be done (maybe add prime) in sequence and no keys for those that I could find so custom coded.

Hello Paul.

Just search Avsim Library for my Pseudonym "David Herky" and my MCE flows and Checklists are there.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=david+herky&CatID=root&Sort=Name&ScanMode=0&Page=2

I will compile a pack for the Connie and Fortress and upload them to Avsim. Give them 24 hours to check the files and they will go live.

I tend to use Cereproc "Jess" as my favourite FO since she has a Northern British accent and hales from my neck of the woods..Preston/Fyld "ish".....Also as Gerald has said, the Cereproc voices have extra (non flight specific) verbiage! So I can go a bit silly with irreverent and irrelevant phrases. The MCE FO's are truly excellent and never let you down. Plus, each has his own personality....I did a special video (using the Lear) that demonstrates each MCE voice. Obviously no one bothered to look at it!!

Best regards

David

On 9/7/2017 at 2:08 PM, warbirds said:

Thanks, I do hope you have plans to include the Xtreme Prototype Lear 25 at some time. 

I forgot to mention, we actually support XPrototype Lear 20 series.

If you go to \Prepar3D V4\MCE dlls\ folder, you'll see a dll named "mcxpttX.dll"

That's the interface to the switches for the previous variant.

We didn't list it as a supported aircraft because we mainly did it as a thank you for one of the FO voice actors.

it turned out it was just like default Lear 45 with a few nice looking 3D switches.

There is even a pdf document Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Learjet Commands

Now, not sure whether the 25 variant has a very close cockpit with internal variables re-used from the Lear 20 series

If that's the case, maybe if you just send the "aircraft.cfg" for the 25 and we'll tell MCE to treat it as the Lear 20 series from XPrototype, you should be able to speak all commands in the document and hopefully have the FO control at least some items.

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Hello Paul.

I will compile a pack for the Connie and Fortress and upload them to Avsim. Give them 24 hours to check the files and they will go live.

Best regards

David

Thank you very much David !

I did watch your other Lear video posted in this thread and now watching this Lear video and learning a bit as I go. I see your using my paint :) I did some work for Flightsimare and did the cockpit and this livery.

I am anxious to look at your flows and learn from them and very happy to have the A2A flows available soon :)

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

6 minutes ago, FS++ said:

I forgot to mention, we actually support XPrototype Lear 20 series.

Thanks, I will have to check that out for sure !

I am in contact with Alain (developer of the 25d) and found that some switches are coded and not aligned to any keys. Alain is a great guy with a great product and said he would provide anything you need if you decide to set up a flow for this plane. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I now have a problem that some others seem to have. Voice activation quits after about half and hour into the flight of the 747. Only way to get  it back is to shut down MCE and start it up again but then the copilot will not recognize most of my commands. 

If I close p3d and MCE and start both up again the copilot will then again follow my commands. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

7 hours ago, warbirds said:

I now have a problem that some others seem to have. Voice activation quits after about half and hour into the flight of the 747. Only way to get  it back is to shut down MCE and start it up again but then the copilot will not recognize most of my commands. 

If I close p3d and MCE and start both up again the copilot will then again follow my commands. 

You were probably a bit impatient after restarting MCE and concluding you had to restart P3D.

Sometimes, it may take up to a minute before the MCE UI shows up and you can start talking to the FO.

Also, be aware, when you see "SPEECH RECO IN DIALOG MODE" (amber font), all commands for interacting with FO are suspended.

I can categorically state, there should never be a need to restart the sim.

Although we have a couple of dlls running inside the simulator process in order to give the FO situational awareness, we elected long ago against running MCE and the speech engine inside those dlls.

If we did, the speech engine would eat-up a considerable chunk of your 32 Bit simulator address space, and the slightest issue with audio or speech engine would cripple your flight. No one wants a long haul flight on a 747 go up in smoke because you said something that wasn't expected, or flew over some scenery that tipped the VAS over the edge.

Not saying MCE is perfect, but this safe design should let you have fun with FO, without worrying about saying or doing something that may upset it.

You can bombard the FO with any request he's trained to reply to, in any order. Can be reading checklist an yet ask him to dial something and transmit to ATC at the same time. It's not like ask for this (see manual for when to say it), wait until it's finished, and only then request the other thing. That would be robotic speech recognition. 

One of the challenges with MCE handling ATC too is that the speech commands have to be dynamically enabled and disabled depending on the PTT state, and it's not impossible to leave all commands in muted state.

It pays to hold and release DEL & END keys, just in case, before considering resetting the "crew coordination" feature or restarting MCE as a last resort..

For instance, if you have anything in FSUIPC assignments (joystick to keyboard combo conversion) that trigger those keys, expect disruption to the speech engine.

Are you using ATC at all? Vatsim, Native ATC, PF3, RC4?

No atc, no weather, just flying from ksfo to klax and lost voice control at some point. No commands were given before this happened and it was silent most of the flight so I commanded the decent flow and nothing happened so I tested with lower landing gear and still nothing. 

Running 5930k cpu, 1080ti gpu, 16 gig 3000mhz ram, Samsung sd drive. Cleared ram before flight and cleared most running services as usual. No complex scenery for either airport as they are stock P3D. No heavy clouds or overcast, twilight, fps 45 average during flight but did notice a strange dip midway to 19fps for no reason. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 9/13/2017 at 4:10 AM, warbirds said:

Hi Paul.

I occasionally see a behaviour whereby I call for an action, flow, check list or switch and I see the written command from MCE atop The screen, but FO doesn't respond. A re boot of MCE solves it. It's like FO has dozed off!

A few reasons from my operating method may be to blame;

1 if I use the P3d quicken time option this upsets everything! ATC RC4 especially!

2 if you have a USB microphone, they go to sleep at times.

3 if I use a non supported aircraft ( I do this a lot) occasionally FO goes to sleep.

4 I am cruising along and not speaking anything to FO, usually fiddling with stuff on my second monitor. 

On the supported aircraft point, the FSW Lear is lovely, but the Caranedo Phenom is a real beauty! There are so many native MCE commands you can use it's almost like having a fully supported simulation! Also the "speed hold" in vertical modes works properly. It really is lovely and the Flight 1 GTN is supported with a little help from Bert Pieke. He's done a little panel mod that places the Flight 1 GTN slap bang over the in built Caranedo moving map. This is a superb ship, not sure if they converted it to P3dv4 though?

Finally, check you are using the latest MCE. Easy to down load from the main site. Just uninstall previous MCE from Windows control panel, then install new MCE and it will be good to go. No need for further speech training etc. MCE not only support new aircraft for free, but constantly upgrade the program. 

If your struggling, one to one support from de boss man (programmer) is available to everyone.

Best regards

David