Sign in to follow this  
Mr T

Amazing news! Js41 for p3d

Yeah I just seen it on my FB as well. Great news indeed. I hope they also release an XP11 version.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Hooray for unexpected awesome news!  I bought this fairly late in my time with fsx so didn't spend much time with it before moving to p3d, looking forward to round 2!

Dave Reage

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Totally unexpected. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

After PMDG said they thought it was unlikely, turns out they were just teasing us! I'm so happy I could cry lol.

I imagine Fs2Crew voice will be ported fairly quickly too :)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Wonderful news. Hooray for PMDG.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

So they update this thing for P3D (which probably sold in tiny numbers compared to the Boeings) but they won't touch the MD-11? BOO!

;)

Molly Norris

• Upvote 2

Can we PLEASE have somewhere this news can be discussed without the MD-11 being dragged up, sorry to be a bit sharp but it was 80%+ of the comments on Facebook. 

The J41 and MD-11 are very different circumstances:

The J41 could just be a straight port with a few P3D features such as lighting, because it was very advanced for the time and served as the NGX feature test bed, so many of the porting lessons have already been learned. 

Whereas the MD-11 would be a lot more work as it started out in FS9 so it needs a complete new visual model and also I believe some of the main developers for it have since left. The MD-11 is so old PMDG don't sell it any more or offer support! They confirmed it will not be ported nor v2 in P3D and gave their reasons, no amount of pestering will change that.

There are no decent turboprop airliners in P3Dv4 except the Q400, at least there are other big jets and triholers you can fly; just be happy for us! I don't intend to backseat moderate but there is an MD-11 section here if you want to talk about that aircraft, this is for turboprops.

• Upvote 5

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

would have been better if they said nothing and just released it when ready. 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

So looking at the VC screenshot on FB it seems the FMS has been ditched and the weather radar moved into its place. Where the WXR was appears to be some variety of GPS unit (can't tell which, it might be third party units like F1 GTN). I hope this is just an option as I rather liked the GNS XLS but I can see how removing it might save a lot of porting work.

support1.jpg

This is great news.  The J41 is a very interesting aircraft to fly. I would love to have it for P3Dv4.

3 hours ago, ckyliu said:

After PMDG said they thought it was unlikely, turns out they were just teasing us! I'm so happy I could cry lol.

I imagine Fs2Crew voice will be ported fairly quickly too :)

You got it!  Expect an FS2Crew for the mighty J41!

• Upvote 3

The J41 was my first add-on for FSX and it got me hooked.  It made me realize the potential of simming.  I fly P3D now so it will be good to see me old friend again.

Lon Duncombe

5 minutes ago, Lon Duncombe said:

The J41 was my first add-on for FSX and it got me hooked.  It made me realize the potential of simming.  I fly P3D now so it will be good to see me old friend again.

Lon Duncombe

I bet many of us have J41 stories.  It was the first 'big' airplane I got (my previous airplanes were very small).  I remember flying it from San Diego to Santa Barbara feeling like I was way over my head.  I flew it in on the VOR Rwy 25 and was just frigging amazed...still on profile...seeing the lights on the houses.  Turned final and landed.  Just sat there...relieved...excited.  These days I fly smaller and bigger both...there's not much in the J41 size.  I also appreciate the engine modelling they did...rare to find an accurate turboprop.  I wish they'd use the turboprop logic on another GA/business turboprop...compared to heavy metal, that area is wide open.  Could you imagine a PMDG GA airplane?  At least I can dream.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM