Sign in to follow this  
Mr T

Amazing news! Js41 for p3d

Great news! There is a sim god! :-)

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

1 hour ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

Is it rain drops on the 3D Cockpit Windshield ? Prepar3D v4.1 ;)

No, that shot is from FSX

7 hours ago, ckyliu said:

So looking at the VC screenshot on FB it seems the FMS has been ditched and the weather radar moved into its place. Where the WXR was appears to be some variety of GPS unit (can't tell which, it might be third party units like F1 GTN). I hope this is just an option as I rather liked the GNS XLS but I can see how removing it might save a lot of porting work.

I hope so too! Even though it was wather limited, the FMS provided was for me an important part in tis wonderful small plane.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

FSX runs Raindrops within 3D Cockpit ?

Yes, and P3Dv3 and 4, just depends on the model, Flywaresim and Realair both have them

9 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Can we PLEASE have somewhere this news can be discussed without the MD-11 being dragged up, sorry to be a bit sharp but it was 80%+ of the comments on Facebook. 

Yeah that's because nobody likes it. Oh wait.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

This looks great! :biggrin:

I'm still using FSX and it would be great if the apparent new features such as the GPS unit and weather radar were updated for FSX.

I also had the flickering square graphic issue that could only be removed by disabling icing effects so it would be great if a fix for this was included (I believe PMDG were looking at a solution before).

Kind regards

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

i hope they would consider their B1900 C/D as well

I think the B1900C/D P3D is unlikely for the same reasons as the MD-11 (originally built for FS9, already discontinued, not based on the common development framework the J41 pioneered for all subsequent releases), basically it requires a complete rebuild.

You're stuck with the Carenado one for the foreseeable future sadly.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I'm already stressing the lack of an FMS in the cockpit picture. I first learned FMS management in the J41 and can't really imagine the aircraft without that basic system. I keep revisiting this forum feed and the website to see if anyone has clarified its apparent absence from the P3Dv4 model.

Stephen Luebbert

• Upvote 1

This is great news to me also, I hold the J41 and J31 very close to me ever since the mid 90's when I designed the 2d cockpits for MSFS 95 or 97, (can't remember which one).

Thank you PMDG..... :biggrin:

Nick Sciortino

Looking at the FSX product page, nothing in the VC has changed.  Do you really think PMDG would bring it over if they couldn't get the FMS to work??  

Come on, people.