Sign in to follow this  
Mr T

Amazing news! Js41 for p3d

52 minutes ago, FishermanIvan said:

Looking at the FSX product page, nothing in the VC has changed.  Do you really think PMDG would bring it over if they couldn't get the FMS to work??  

Come on, people.  

Check the WXR and the FMC/GPS in the VC. They have certainly been changed!

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

My statement stands.  They won't give us something LESS than what it was before.   That has NEVER happened. 

• Upvote 1

@FishermanIvan that's not strictly true; PMDG implemented cockpit rain animations and visual icing effects in the J41 but omitted them from all subsequent releases. Of course they had their reasons, but that's not the point here.

Whilst I expect the GNS XLS will remain as default and other GPS units will be a user option, I can't help but get nervous they threw the FMS out, I'm worrying like an expectant mother! It was only an option on the real aircraft and many made do without.

At any rate it seems PMDG spent some time adding new features rather just a straight forward port and it will be interesting to see exactly what those are. I'm just dreading the price, the exchange rate certainly isn't what it was when it was first released for FSX!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I guess this will be my next PMDG purchase.....assuming that it will also be compatible with P3D v3. The FSX version of this aircraft was a lot more enjoyable to hand fly than the Majestic Dash 8Q-400.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I believe that the Universal XLS FMS was not even coded by PMDG but was done by Ernie Aslton. I think Ernie is tied up with QW (and the 787) these days. Maybe the port over to 64 bit on that is not a quick job?

I suppose the option to have say a GTN650/750 or the GNS430/530 would be a good replacement. Who knows, but the J41 back in the game is big thumbs up from me however it gets done. 

On 9/8/2017 at 8:42 PM, ckyliu said:

@FishermanIvan that's not strictly true; PMDG implemented cockpit rain animations and visual icing effects in the J41 but omitted them from all subsequent releases. Of course they had their reasons, but that's not the point here.

Whilst I expect the GNS XLS will remain as default and other GPS units will be a user option, I can't help but get nervous they threw the FMS out, I'm worrying like an expectant mother! It was only an option on the real aircraft and many made do without.

At any rate it seems PMDG spent some time adding new features rather just a straight forward port and it will be interesting to see exactly what those are. I'm just dreading the price, the exchange rate certainly isn't what it was when it was first released for FSX!

*SPECULATION WARNING*

I'm going to venture a guess that this might have GPS options like the DC-6. I don't think the GNS XLS is going away; however, since not all JS41s had a GNS XLS, it makes sense to have options for a GNS 430 or GTN 650 as well.

I might be completely wrong, but hey, it would be cool wouldn't it?

*END SPECULATION*

Not to be a negative Nancy or anything, love the fact the announcement on Facebook exists. Has there been any official notice in the forums?

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

There's also screenshots on the verified PMDG FB page that are very obviously not the version we have, I'd call that fairly official. RSR tends to post quite in-depth press releases so I think PMDG are waiting until they are prepared to reveal/finalise more specific details before posting here on Avsim.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

This will be a definite purchase for me. Currently flying the A2A Connie...but still miss the JetStream 41.

So in the below thread it seems to be confirmed by the beta testers the GNS-XLS FMS has been thrown out entirely and replaced with the default GPS or F1 GTN750 :(

support1.jpg

The JS41 is... irresistible. Even with the lack of FMS it still looks so damn appealing... It's like a magnet.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

In an effort to calm things down a bit:

First, we don't remove things unless there is a specific reason. A couple people have hit the nail on the head regarding one of the reasons behind the removal. The other is simply that operators (particularly operators of aircraft this size) are moving to more capable units, as we have, here. There is an option between the Flight 1 GNS 750 unit, and a PMDG version of a GPS 500. The option between the two flight deck colors remains, as well. I understand the frustrations of some of the people here, but again, we don't do things just to do them.

Second, the admins of the Facebook page are only internal PMDG staff. RSR knows about everything we post there. I'll leave it to you to work through the remaining logical path of its official nature.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

11 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

First, we don't remove things unless there is a specific reason. A couple people have hit the nail on the head regarding one of the reasons behind the removal. The other is simply that operators (particularly operators of aircraft this size) are moving to more capable units, as we have, here. There is an option between the Flight 1 GNS 750 unit, and a PMDG version of a GPS 500. The option between the two flight deck colors remains, as well. I understand the frustrations of some of the people here, but again, we don't do things just to do them.

Second, the admins of the Facebook page are only internal PMDG staff. RSR knows about everything we post there. I'll leave it to you to work through the remaining logical path of its official nature.

Are you still going to make this plane work in FSX-SE?  

David Norman Paul

14 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Is there no option for an addon GNS unit like F1 or RXP? I feel like that would be a happy compromise for the people disappointed about the GNS-XLS being axed, since there are definitely JS41s in the world with GNS units.