Sign in to follow this  
Ephedrin

RSR, let me kiss your feet ^^

6 hours ago, ckyliu said:

The rain drops were in the VC. And the wipers cleared them too. But apparently it used a lot of animations and was quite performance heavy so it was omitted from the NGX ans subsequent releases.

Pretty sure the wipers didn't clear it, I remember being disappointed about that, unless there was an update I didn't install!

This is my expactation, that the j41 for p3d will cost again for a new licence - but that is fine, at least that way we would get this plane in the sim in the first place

13 hours ago, magnetite said:

They were also only available in 2D cockpit view, not VC.

If I remembered correctly the JS4100 was VC only.

Stian Beinset

ENML

15 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Well, PMDG have just announced it for P3D on Facebook to be released in "short order" :D And well, I see raindrops ^^

Wonder why there haven't been an official announcement?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

They're probably waiting until more details are finalised, RSR usually gives quite thorough press releases

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I was a great fan of the JS4100 when it was new. It was different to what had come before and it made no apologies for being hard to fly well. Even just starting the engines without blowing them up was a challenge that took practice and perseverance to master, and I would still highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it and wants an accurate and rewarding simulation that looks good and that you actually have to fly rather then just program. However, eight years later I do know how to fly it, so I would struggle to justify paying for it again.

I would definitely purchase it again. The 737/777 wasn't a freebie from FSX to P3D, I don't expect anything different here. I got plenty of tube liners, just no decent turbo-props. Majestic has yet to release a 64bit version of the Q400 (haven't heard a peep from them since last March). My choice would be the JS41 hands down between the two.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

9 minutes ago, AAN1718A said:

I would definitely purchase it again. The 737/777 wasn't a freebie from FSX to P3D, I don't expect anything different here. I got plenty of tube liners, just no decent turbo-props. Majestic has yet to release a 64bit version of the Q400 (haven't heard a peep from them since last March). My choice would be the JS41 hands down between the two.

Majestic gave a few (not many) updates since then. They are working on it but it might take a while. Personally I don't expect it this year.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

No decent turboprops? The Q400 is literally......'Majestic'

Will be great to have the J41 back though.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Presumably we'll have to pay again for it though, which is a slight shame. I'm currently saving up to transfer to P3D v4 in the 737 and 777 and the -300ER so this will have to wait a long time for the requisite funds to accrue!

I had sworn not to re-purchase PMDG planes for P3D that I bought for FSX, but I am afraid PMDG will make me break my oath for this plane. Still my all-time favourite, I am excited to see it in P3D soon.

Peter

19 hours ago, DavidP said:

Not sure about kissing feet, but great news none the less :biggrin:

He might just mean, like blowing kisses. :emu:

• Upvote 1

Never flew the JS4100 in fsx but heard lots of glowing reviews.  Sure hope they add FSX steam edition compatibility also.

Glad its making it way to P3D!.... Now since its known as the "test plane" for FSX it should continue to hold the name for P3D, and have new features that P3D can offer. PMDG please make this the first in the fleet to have shared cockpit, you have 64bits of greatness, put it to use =)

Hands down my favorite PMDG plane ever. Big enough to feel like you had some weight behind you but small enough that it was fun. No FMC to literally do everything for you. It was also so much fin in VR.

So stoked....

Noah Bryant