Ephedrin

RSR, let me kiss your feet ^^

7 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Presumably we'll have to pay again for it though, which is a slight shame. I'm currently saving up to transfer to P3D v4 in the 737 and 777 and the -300ER so this will have to wait a long time for the requisite funds to accrue!

I had sworn not to re-purchase PMDG planes for P3D that I bought for FSX, but I am afraid PMDG will make me break my oath for this plane. Still my all-time favourite, I am excited to see it in P3D soon.

Peter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

19 hours ago, DavidP said:

Not sure about kissing feet, but great news none the less :biggrin:

He might just mean, like blowing kisses. :emu:

• Upvote 1

Never flew the JS4100 in fsx but heard lots of glowing reviews.  Sure hope they add FSX steam edition compatibility also.

Glad its making it way to P3D!.... Now since its known as the "test plane" for FSX it should continue to hold the name for P3D, and have new features that P3D can offer. PMDG please make this the first in the fleet to have shared cockpit, you have 64bits of greatness, put it to use =)

Hands down my favorite PMDG plane ever. Big enough to feel like you had some weight behind you but small enough that it was fun. No FMC to literally do everything for you. It was also so much fin in VR.

So stoked....

Thanks PMDG, been looking forward to this announcement forever!

Day one purchase upon release for me. 

Interesting - never actually flown the plane in the sim. Is this plane still in use and, if yes, where?

Also, still awaiting the official announcement, though. Won't believe it, before that happens - this forum is still the official channel, for news from PMDG. Never actually heard of them announcing something new on Facebook before posting it here.

If this really is true, I'm kinda surprised that it hasn't happened yet. Especially since the last I heard from RSR (with regards of making this plane for P3D) was that the prospects was kinda bleak...

Not trying to be a kill-joy here! Just wondering...

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Is this plane still in use and, if yes, where?

Mostly in the UK (Eastern Airways) and in Colombia (EasyFly). The plane is not that old (100 planes built from 1992-1997).

Peter

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Mostly in the UK (Eastern Airways) and in Colombia (EasyFly). The plane is not that old (100 planes built from 1992-1997).

Peter

Thanks for that info.

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Interesting - never actually flown the plane in the sim. Is this plane still in use and, if yes, where?

Also, still awaiting the official announcement, though. Won't believe it, before that happens - this forum is still the official channel, for news from PMDG. Never actually heard of them announcing something new on Facebook before posting it here.

If this really is true, I'm kinda surprised that it hasn't happened yet. Especially since the last I heard from RSR (with regards of making this plane for P3D) was that the prospects was kinda bleak...

Not trying to be a kill-joy here! Just wondering...

It's true.  Check out PMDG's Facebook page.  Patiently waiting for a more detailed official statement...  Hope Steam will be supported...

1 hour ago, jrgaz said:

It's true.  Check out PMDG's Facebook page.  Patiently waiting for a more detailed official statement...  Hope Steam will be supported...

I know, that it's been said in a post on their Facebook page! That wasn't the point of my post.

It's not usually their normal medium of delivering news - hence my mystification as to why there haven't been an official announcement (and by official, I mean a post on their 'official' forum).

They have always said to check in here for latest news, would be posted in here - not their Facebook page, Instagram profile or Twitter feed.

8 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Especially since the last I heard from RSR (with regards of making this plane for P3D) was that the prospects was kinda bleak...

My recollection, given that it is often faulty, was that he said he was evaluating it.  Well Anders, rest assured that the Facebook post by them is not fake news.

• Upvote 1

I think the B1900C/D P3D is unlikely for the same reasons as the MD-11 (originally built for FS9, already discontinued, not based on the common development framework the J41 pioneered for all subsequent releases), basically it requires a complete rebuild.

You're stuck with the Carenado one for the foreseeable future sadly.

I am not even going to speculate about release dates until we get one of those detailed updates by Mr Randazzo.