Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Help with a route for a flight

I'm off to Paris departing from Manchester next week. So, flying from EGCC to LFPB (leBourget) and then coming back from LFPG (Charles deGaulle) to EGCC. I'm curious to know the routing the flights will take. It'll be with Ryannair on the way out and EasyJet on the way back, so presumably a 737 and an A320. Anyone happen to know the routes they are most likely to fly for these two flights?

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Le Bourget STARs from the north start at VELOL, which is only accessible from XIDIL on the FIR boundary.

Thus using the UK Standard Route Document for a (suitable for a jet) route from EGCC to XIDIL and adding the segment to VELOL on the end one gets:

SANBA N859 HON UL612 WOD UM605 XIDIL UM605 PETAX UZ296 VELOL

NB: I haven't tried to CFMU validate this or looked deeply in to the potential conditional restrictions but I can't see it being vastly different (unless another factor comes in to play).

Max cruise level FL295.

Edit to add: for the return, I would imagine an OPALE SID would usually be most appropriate. This connects comfortably to either KUNAV or SOVAT on the UK FIR boundary.

There are no routes published in the SRD for KUNAV to EGCC, so I assume therefore they want all north-of-London traffic to route via SOVAT.

There are several possible routes from SOVAT but they are all very similar. Broadly, therefore:

OPALE UT421 KESAX UT191 RATUK UL613 SANDY UN57 WELIN T420 TNT

• Upvote 1

Cheers. :cool: 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thought Ryan use Beauvais  (LFOB) for Paris, think Le Bourget for GA only?

Eugene

• Upvote 1