Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

does fsuipc work for throttle axis

I have "game controller" check off in FSX and am trying to use FSUIPC for throttle control. Fsuipc sees the axis, but nothing happens in the DC6.

The quadrant works fine if I use FSX control panel.

Is the DC6 incompatible with FSUIPC?

tony cervone

I have attempted, and failed. I just assigned the global "Throttle" in FSUIPC. I have a saitek X-65F but I can't figure out how to either

Tony-

Absolutely not.  I use FSUIPC for all axis' assignments and calibrations.  Please look at your .ini file with a text editor.  Sometimes, it is best if you just delete (after backup) and start fresh.  There is something amiss in your configuration... assign the axis and calibrate once you are sure there is nothing interacting.  FSUIPC is a very powerful program, and as such, requires care with setup/configuration.  

Most of my errors are caused by the git flying... ;)

HTH- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Carl, not sure how you could manage throttles with calibration? If I actively use the calibrations in FSUIPC, I get no throttle movement anymore.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Be sure to check the FSUIPC user manual starting at page 40. Axis control and calibration with FSUIPC is very elegant and funtional, 

Just to summarize the FSUIPC possibilities:

if you use one lever for all four throttles you can use "Throttle" as axis and calibrate it.

if you have individual levers you can use "Throttle1" to "Throttle4" but you must not use calibration as for whatever resason the levers in the plane do not work with these variables. 

In case you fly other planes using "Throttle1" to "Throttle4" using calibration you need to define a separate profile for the DC-6 and NOT use calibration within.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Hallo Alexander, flyforever, CrashTronic,

maybe you can find something or re-remember sth. from this threat:

I´m using THIS coming from Wotan (Fin):

Quote:

A working FSUIPC setup is here, but first unassign the axis' in the P3D controller menu:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4p3pttpv1enybg/PMDG_DC-6B_Throttle.jpg?dl=0

For me it works flawless for 1/2 & 3/4 separate throttle movement (also movement visible in the VC) with a Warthog 2-throttle quadrant.

Maybe it will work similar with a 4-Throttle setup!? At least, I hope so! Good Luck!

Best wishes

Rainer Burg

• Upvote 1

Yes I can confirm that if you use option 2:

"Send to FS as normal axis" and then select "Axis Throttle 1 Set" it works as no calibration is applied.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Good to know. I am currently fully immersed with xplane 11. I find it a much better platform and have made the switch. In my supercharger inquiries I managed to address the fuel flow issue with the aircraft and a sign switch - to + in one file makes the model work perfectly.

Thanks though!