Sign in to follow this  
Airbus A340 Pilot

Problem with AS A321 paintkit

Hi community,

I sterted with my first ever AS repaint about two weeks ago. I started and finished painting flyNiki opd. by Belair HB-JOU. Everything went fine and everything looks perfect. As this livery is finished, I started a new one. OE-LCG. Painted and painted, converted all the necessary .psd files into .dds files (with DXTBmp) and put it into one texture folder. Created the entry for the aircraft.cfg and started P3D. The result shows me darker textures on almost the whole fuselage.

A screenshot:  

https://abload.de/img/screenshot5065mpu3.png

Daniel Reber

Aerosoft provided several ready made liveries in the pain kit ( spelling as is ) including Air Berlin so just adding a couple of logo's and a regstration is hardly a lot of work and not exactly " all your own " . The registrations you mentioned are also " sharklet " versions , so still some work to do there too .

You do not mention which version of the Bus you are using or what paint program . with the texture sheets ( NOSE , MID , AFT and TAIL ) make sure that the shading and dirt levels are the same in each section . As for a paint program I can suggest Adobe PhotoShop CS2 which is FREE and available from Adobe and includes the registration key . Then search for the DDS plug-in which will allow you to save from psd to dds with one simple click .

Posting on the Aerosoft painters forum ( it is an AS product after all ) might get you more reactions and possibly more help as well .

That´s the official paintkit. There isn´t anything different than these given liveries. Or where can I find a fully white paintkit? I use Photoshop CC 17.

And btw. just solved it. Wasn´t that difficult in the end. 

And HB-JOU is a sharklet plane, so I added the necessary parts for the sharklets. OE-LCG has wingtips. 

If you can tell me where to find the complete white paintkit for every bus A318 to A321, that would be nice. I´m using the current Airbus Version. Airbus A318/A19 and Airbus A320/A321. 

(You don´t have to tell me where I can find the correct A320 paintkit. Using the FSLabs A320. But especially A319 and A321 would be important.)

Daniel Reber

I have no intention of starting a " tutorial " on painting the Bus but by simply " switching off " the painted livery layers in each section will give you a " white " aircraft , although the white in the paint kit is more a shade of yellow . If you mean " how do I make a full fuselage " , then that is something you will have to make yourself , as I myself ( for example ) had to do . My comment regarding the DDS plug-in is still relevant as this saves having to use DXTBmp to convert from bmp to dds .

What I do find disappointing however is that after asking for help ( without giving enough details - Bus version and paint program to start with ) you then simply state that the problem is solved without telling others what your solution was , there are possibly others who may be having the same " problem " . Expecting help when you are not prepared to give any yourself ( to help others ) is rather selfish in my opinion .

Have no idea what the FSL A320 has to do with this either as my reply was concerning the AS A321 ( as was your question ) .

I just gave you the details (paint program and bus version)

The solution will follow as my PC is currently busy with bringing my plane from SZG to PMI, but I will post it.

Why FSLabs A320? I asked if you can give me a link where I should be able to find a whole fuselage in white. As I´m using the FSLabs A320 but AS A318-319-321, I would have only needed the paintkit (which seems to doesn´t exist in this way, the FSLabs or PMDG one does) for the A319 and A321. But as there is none, you don´t have to care about that!

Daniel Reber

On 9/7/2017 at 8:43 AM, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Hi community,

I sterted with my first ever AS repaint about two weeks ago. I started and finished painting flyNiki opd. by Belair HB-JOU. Everything went fine and everything looks perfect. As this livery is finished, I started a new one. OE-LCG. Painted and painted, converted all the necessary .psd files into .dds files (with DXTBmp) and put it into one texture folder. Created the entry for the aircraft.cfg and started P3D. The result shows me darker textures on almost the whole fuselage.

Nowhere in your original post do you mention which paint program or Airbus version you are using and they are , to be honest fairly important pieces of information , you only supplied them when it was asked . Other forum members are not able to read your mind or look over your shoulder seeing what you see . The more information that YOU supply the greater the chance that someone will be able to help YOU .

As for FSL or PMDG supplying a " full fuselage " , so what , that is not even relevant , just make your own . In the time taken to make your posts here you could have done that . Have you even taken the time to read the pinned topics at the top of this page ? A lot of answers can be found there , even if some of them are now outdated .

I wasn't asking for myself that you would post the " solution " to your paint " problem " but for the benefit of others , that you are now too busy flying from " A " to " B " to supply this but do have the time to reply to my previous post is strange to say the least .

Don´t ya ever forget anything? Congratulations!!!

I do never window my sim when flying. Why should I? I´m a happy owner of a mobile phone. But on this mobile phone, I don´t have got any of the files or paint.net to look after it. 

Sorry but for mee this seems to not coming to any end as you don´t like to or simply can´t understand what exactly I mean.

With that said, this discussion is ended now.  I got something better to do than texting with somebody who doesn´t understand me correctly.

Daniel Reber

No , the mistake was all mine , it may have slipped your attention but I was the only one who actually tried to help even with more than 30 views . Lesson learnt ( for me ) .

Good luck with any further paint " problems " , I certainly won't be getting involved .