Sign in to follow this  
Deimos

want to buy, just two questions

So far I like the demo, . In the engine documentation nothing is said about cowl flaps. however "cowl flaps open" works as well as close. I could for the life of me not get it to open an increment of full, say like fifty percent. I've tried everything, 50%, half, etc. Any tips?

Same goes for the prop pitch and mixture. Can I have my copilot as well doing that in increments?

16 hours ago, Deimos said:

So far I like the demo, . In the engine documentation nothing is said about cowl flaps. however "cowl flaps open" works as well as close. I could for the life of me not get it to open an increment of full, say like fifty percent. I've tried everything, 50%, half, etc. Any tips?

Same goes for the prop pitch and mixture. Can I have my copilot as well doing that in increments?

You could use another tool we ship with the product. It's called <Voxkey>

You can create custom speech commands such as "open the cowl flaps just a little bit", then tie that command to the key combination that controls cowl flaps in FSX, and the latter would be sent to the sim (as many times as you specify).

Start Voxkey via the Windows menu, Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Voxkey.

For FSX, open the "FSX Demo.vkp" profile and add commands to it.

For P3D, use the "Prepar3D Demo.vkp"

Voxkey is just an editor to the profile. When done, close it.

At runtime, MCE would look up the profile and make all those custom speech commands available for speech recognition.

You utter te sentence, and MCE sends the specified key combo.

Note: This isn't how we interface major aircraft like PMDG or FSLabs aircraft.

Voxkey cannot read item status. It just sends a key combination on request. And the beauty is that because you would be typing your own sentence, there is no need to memorize these.

Voxkey could also be sued to control other add-ons that are set to respond to hotkeys.

Please note, Voxkey isn't available on the MCE Lite Edition.

• Upvote 1

Cool, didn't know that, thanks. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thank you on that. There is no way to write directly to an offset is there? I' d much rather do that. Reading Simconnect variables would be oh so awesome as well... all the answer stuff that could be done or engine start procedures timed if I could program with conditionals against that interface.

Pseudo code: if n1>x do open fuel valve

say "n1 coming up to get(x), fuel on."

oh man... I get really excited about the possibilities. Gimme an API, I will program :P

Ah and I bought it anyway too ;) nice to see such an active dev.

On 9/10/2017 at 11:15 AM, Deimos said:

Thank you on that. There is no way to write directly to an offset is there? I' d much rather do that. Reading Simconnect variables would be oh so awesome as well... all the answer stuff that could be done or engine start procedures timed if I could program with conditionals against that interface.

Pseudo code: if n1>x do open fuel valve

say "n1 coming up to get(x), fuel on."

oh man... I get really excited about the possibilities. Gimme an API, I will program :P

Ah and I bought it anyway too ;) nice to see such an active dev.

You're welcome.

Writing directly to memory isn't good practice because it is futile, We never do that.

Reading memory on the other hand is safe. And we use it occasionally with aircraft that don't have SDKs

We have no plans to turn MCE into a program for Geeks. :tongue:

Therefore, no "if" "else","then" or whatever. Only English plain sentences are allowed as part of Voxscript.

FSUIPC, and possibly coupled with LINDA is really the way to go if you're into programming.

It has a very good API waiting to be used.

Although we don't use it ourselves, a lot of add-ons wouldn't even exist without it.

Understood. Thanks for the nice addition to my flight simulator experience and your replies.

After the trial, which is also a nice thing btw, was over, I thought, ah nah I do not need it. I missed it at the very first flight without it. And curse the guy who mentioned cereproc somewhere here. Cost me another 20 quid, but boy is it awesome now.