Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

First Add-on The PA-28R Now Available For Flight Sim World

My video took ages to load up to youtube, but, it has eventually made it up there, nothing fancy, just a quick flight from Manchester to Liverpool in default weather, which just goes to show I can fly a plane when hammered, not that I'd recommend doing that lol. As you can see from the vid, it runs okay, about the same as a default aeroplane. You'll have to excuse the occasional lagging on the video, that's partially fraps but also my system only has 4Gb of DDR4 RAM in there at the moment because I'm faffing about with it presently, so that's not conducive to good frame rates either, but it is interesting to see that FSW will run with only 4Gb of RAM, P3D does too incidentally.

Apart from the interactive checklists for the Cold and Dark stuff in FSW, which you can briefly see in my video when the throttle lever becomes illuminated, it is pretty much as the aircraft is in P3D and FSX, although obviously it looks a bit better in FSW than it does in P3D and FSX because of the fancier texture handling which FSW has. FSW was on medium display settings here by the way. You will find that FSW gains an Add Ons menu item with a fly out similar to the one it gets in FSX/P3D, where you can toggle options such as the panel state, gyro sounds etc.

Nice as the default singles are in FSW, this is definitely a step up from those, lots of little things are better than they are in the default aeroplanes, such as the night lighting is nicer on this one, both inside and out, the nav lights and anti-collision beacon are brighter too, and so if you like FSW and fly it quite a bit, then I would say it was worth having, since it was only 27 quid (actually 25 because applied some JF loyalty reward points to the purchase), and that's less than I spent in the pub last night lol. But unlike a trip to the pub, the JF Arrow will last a bit longer and not give you a headache the following day (Why are their no Aspirins in the jungle? Because the Paracetemol).

Anyway, nice one JF and DTG, this showcases Flight Sim World's better flight modeling, better looks and better tutorial functionality very nicely indeed. :cool:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Flight modelling has been one of the things P3D has sat on like an acorn forever.  I haven't seen any change since FSX.  From watching videos, it's difficult for me to see how FSW has improved it.  Does it behave better...feel better?  In what ways?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

On 9/8/2017 at 2:21 PM, Gregg_Seipp said:

Flight modelling has been one of the things P3D has sat on like an acorn forever.  I haven't seen any change since FSX.  From watching videos, it's difficult for me to see how FSW has improved it.  Does it behave better...feel better?  In what ways?

Gregg

Essentially what I'm on about when I say that FSW has better flight modeling, is that as you probably know, it has A2A's Accu Feel system in it by default. There is nothing stopping anyone adding that to FSX, since you can buy Accu Feel as an add-on for it, but you can't currently get it for the latest P3D V4. When you add it to either of those sims, it will pretty much put them on par with FSW's default flight modeling, but without it, they are simply not as good by default as the flight modeling in FSW which has it there already and costs nothing.

Alan Bradbury

17 minutes ago, Chock said:

Essentially what I'm on about when I say that FSW has better flight modeling, is that as you probably know, it has A2A's Accu Feel system in it by default. There is nothing stopping anyone adding that to FSX, since you can buy Accu Feel as an add-on for it, but you can't currently get it for the latest P3D V4. When you add it to either of those sims, it will pretty much put them on par with FSW's default flight modeling, but without it, they are simply not as good by default as the flight modeling in FSW which has it there already and costs nothing.

I see.  Well, it's something.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I do recall somebody on here saying they thought the flight model might have both wings modeled as separate entities (can't remember where that was or who said it, but it was somewhere in this Dovetail forum). If that is true then it would theoretically be able to model a stall and spin more accurately too if you got the wings going at different speeds with some massive yaw at low speed, and it would theoretically mean adverse yaw would be more realistic too, which would be nice since gliders do tend to suffer from that in real life owing to their large wingspans.

I've seen some people state that FSW does stalls and spins better than stock FSX and P3D but I can't say I've found that to be the case, I tested it by abusing the hell out of the Piper Cub and I could only get it to spin once, and that wasn't a very believable spin to be honest. But one thing I think FSW seems to do better than stock FSX and P3D is sideslips, although decent add-ons in FSX and P3D do that too, for example the A2A Piper PA-24 Commanche does them really well, so it's not something which is exclusively the domain of FSW to have decent flight modeling all to itself, but certainly the AccuFeel aspect of it does put it ahead with most things.

Alan Bradbury

I was the one who said that FSW use both wings separately for the sim, having heard Stephen Hood saying this I think in FlightSimCon, just haven't searched the source again to be honest. Lazy an all.. I think to remember that it may be in one of Steve Hood"s interviews from a flightsimmer/ youtuber (Helisim ? Novawing24 ?). 

About spins in FSW, I tested some stunts with the Cub recently in multi with a pilot friend, and I was able to do spins t the right conditions, like a flat stall spin, a max AoA spin... I have been a passenger in a cub used for towing in a glider club where I used to fly sometimes (in France, where I'm from), and the pilot was fun enought to pull some stunts on me, and just to say I have had a flashback of those moments while having fun with the Super Cub from FSW, TrackIR on ! 

I am thinking on buying me one of those "pressure seats" that inflate to simulate the Gs movements, I really hope DTG will support it :)

I said I would not but after watching video reviews I bought it. 11 skins is a big plus as is the retractable undercarriage. Happy so far.

On 07/09/2017 at 4:26 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

So..who bit?  Personally, I'm going to wait until FSW is RTM, before thinking about DLC

this addon is great and fsw with Truesky looks awesome....try it!

In case anyone is still unaware, there is a very detailed manual included with the PA-28R Arrow III.  There is a nice tutorial at the back of the manual.  Only one thing didn't work as described in the tutorial (the baggage door), but not real worried about that.

The manual is located here: <wherever you installed steam>\steamapps\common\FSW\DLC\630911\PA-28R Arrow III Manuals

Hi, guys! I just bought the justflight pa-28r arrow III for flight sim world from steam the other day! The flight sim world is from steam too!! I don’t know where the justflight pa-28r arrow III for FSW manual is. Please tell me where the justflight pa-28r arrow III for flight sim world is? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent majerowicz

On 9/23/2017 at 3:48 PM, theohall65 said:

In case anyone is still unaware, there is a very detailed manual included with the PA-28R Arrow III.  There is a nice tutorial at the back of the manual.  Only one thing didn't work as described in the tutorial (the baggage door), but not real worried about that.

The manual is located here: <wherever you installed steam>\steamapps\common\FSW\DLC\630911\PA-28R Arrow III Manuals

Has anyone reported the baggage door not working to Just Flight? The answer should be yes, by Theo :)

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Hi, guys!! I think I noticed an error in the justflight piper pa-28r arrow III manual!! The only error I found in the JF piper arrow III manual is the JF piper arrow III feature the autopilot altitude hold feature! I did some autopilot tests in the JF piper arrow III. I swear, the JF piper arrow III does not have an altitude hold feature which is good!! I am a big time realism geek!!!!!! Please check it out if you guys get a chance! Thanks!!

Cheers,

Vincent Majerowicz

Anyone know how to dumb this down so it functions the same as the other FSW planes. I like using the FSX auto pilot commands and they do not seem to work with this aircraft.