Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Garmin GTN 750 for FSX

I have a question about the GTN 750.  I just purchased the program and upon downloading it realized I didn't have enough space left on my C drive.  So I ended up putting in on my D drive.  I can get everything to work as I go into the program and get the airplane that has integration, get it loaded up, and get the logo beside the airplane saying it's good to go.  However, when I go to fly the 750 is not there.  Is it not loading because it's not on the C drive with FSX?  Not sure what else it can be.  Could someone please help me out here?  Thanks.

Rodger

Are you using an aircraft with the 750 integrated into the VC or just meant to be showing as a 2D panel? Is the GTN stack visible?

Bill

In your original post you said that the 750 is "not there" when you go to fly - do you mean that it's not even visible in the VC? If it's not visible in the VC, did you install it using the F1GTN750...exe file that you find within that individual aircraft folder in FSX or did you just install it using the GTN Configurator?

Bill

I do have the Garmin trainer installed.  I used the GTN Configurator.  It is not visible in the VC.  I know I'm doing something wrong just don't know what.  I'm not exactly a computer whiz, and trying to follow the instructions for the GTN is somewhat confusing to me.  I have several Carenado aircraft that says they are GTN 750 integrated but cannot find the file in the specific aircraft folder in FSX

The GTN Configurator will only install the 750 in a 2D pop up window Rodger so you shouldn't use the Configurator to install the 750 for any aircraft that comes with the option of an integrated GTN750. You haven't said which Carenado aircraft you have but, to use the PA-31 Navajo as an example, you need to go to the SimObjects/Airplanes/Carenado PA31-310 Navajo folder and the file that should be there is F1GTN750PA31310.exe. If you click on that and follow the instructions you should be able to see and use the integrated 750 on your panel. 

Bill

Scianoir, thanks for the help.  I now have it installed in the PA31-310 Navajo and the 690B Turbo Commander.  The only problem is that the screens are black.  Now I've got to figure out why.  Thanks for the help everyone.  I greatly appreciate it.

36 minutes ago, C130FE said:

The only problem is that the screens are black.  Now I've got to figure out why.  

Firstly check that your avionics master switch is turned on.

Bill

Yes, master avionics switch is on.   Also forgot to mention that all of the buttons are missing  "menu" etc., and most of the knobs are not there..  So it is an incomplete installation of the 750.

I have seen several posts that are similar to your problem.  Did you install this Garmin device

with your antivirus program turned off?  My guess is that some folks have had missing features

until they reinstalled with antivirus off.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I have seen several posts that are similar to your problem.  Did you install this Garmin device

with your antivirus program turned off?  My guess is that some folks have had missing features

until they reinstalled with antivirus off.

You know now that you mention it, not sure I did.  Guess I need to go back and try it again.  The question is now if I go back and reinstall the 750 do I need to take it out of the aircraft I put it in and start over or can i just leave it as is?

37 minutes ago, C130FE said:

You know now that you mention it, not sure I did.  Guess I need to go back and try it again.  The question is now if I go back and reinstall the 750 do I need to take it out of the aircraft I put it in and start over or can i just leave it as is?

Sorry, I don't own any payware aircraft, but a safe bet is to pull it out of any aircraft you have it in and do it over again.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: