Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Carenado updates for prepar3dv4

I've been updating Carenado's planes as they release the updates for P3dv4.  All have worked flawlessly...EXCEPT the Caravan.  The VC is transparent!  I've uninstalled and re-installed, but nothing changes the transparency of the inside of the plane.  Spot view and all other views are accurate. Have any of you tried this particular update, and did the same thing happen to you?

I checked Carenado's site and there doesn't seem to be any additional info.

Stan

10 hours ago, spilok said:

I've been updating Carenado's planes as they release the updates for P3dv4.  All have worked flawlessly...EXCEPT the Caravan.  The VC is transparent!  I've uninstalled and re-installed, but nothing changes the transparency of the inside of the plane.  Spot view and all other views are accurate. Have any of you tried this particular update, and did the same thing happen to you?

I checked Carenado's site and there doesn't seem to be any additional info.

Stan

Mine is the same. :angry:

But in the mail from Carenado the text is:

C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD SERIES FSX/P3D

It could be the expansion pack, not the base pack that is updated.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

The EX isn't an expansion pack. It's a new plane with a different cockpit layout and a different engine.

The 208B isn't mentioned in the update list, hence it will not work in P3Dv4.

But since spilok posted in the EX forum and not the Caravan forum I guess he knows that.

So I'm scratching my head why it doesn't work.

21 hours ago, J35OE said:

The EX isn't an expansion pack. It's a new plane with a different cockpit layout and a different engine.

The 208B isn't mentioned in the update list, hence it will not work in P3Dv4.

But since spilok posted in the EX forum and not the Caravan forum I guess he knows that.

So I'm scratching my head why it doesn't work.

Thanks, I was not aware of that

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

THE SAME is true for the B200 King Air.   Transparent VC and plane interior.

Something is not translating right when installed. 

Stan

No need to yell. There's nothing wrong with any 'translation' as neither the 208B nor the B200 have been updated for P3Dv4.

This question comes up a lot with Carenado, namely, how do you know if an update is available. The answer is simple. Don't check your page which shows all the aircraft you have a license for after you log in; check the product sales page for the aircraft you are curious about. If it says the aircraft is ready for P3DV4, you're good to go. Then go to your personal page and re-download your product. It's also a good idea to compare the serial number with the one you have on record.  Sometimes they change. If it's different, copy it and save it in your records.

Hope this was helpful.

Cheers, 

Tom

• Upvote 1