Sign in to follow this  
cyclops365

Throttle not going all the way back to idle.

Hi chaps. 

I use the PMDG with FSX Steam and my Saitek X52 throttle and my CH yoke. But something I've noticed in the recent 3 or 4 flights, when I power up to break away to commence taxi, and throttle back with the Saitek, it doesn't come all the way back on the sim. I know of a problem if my throttle on my yoke isn't all the way back it affects it due to conflict, but that's not a problem as I've disabled the throttle on my CH yoke and made it redundant. 

Has anyone any ideas on how to solve this? 

Regards
Ian Livesey

Ian Livesey

Not a common problem. First idea to mind is to make sure the throttle you are using is calibrated both ends (zero to whatever) of scale.  Second thing is I'm not sure what "all the way back" means, it implies that you are not returning to the same N1% value that you had before taxi but I'm not sure.  It helps to provide a complete picture since we are not looking over your shoulder.

Dan Downs KCRP

I too see this occasionally. 

What I've found is that either unplugging my CH stuff or unplugging/switching off the power supply on my computer will foul up my controllers. Meaning, I have to recalibrate them...all three.

I don't know why this is the case, but it is.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

is it only  with the PMDG? Try it with other aircrafts and if  pmdg is the only affected aircraft, at least you know that it's aircraft specific, in which case FSUIPC might be needed.

tony

Sometimes if the sensitivity of the controller axis is not set to maximum it won't return all the way to zero with the controller, but will if you hit F1.  If this is the issue, the easy fix is to make sure the controller axis is set to maximum sensitivity within the simulator. Null zones are also best set to minimum. I was reminded of these recently while changing over to P3Dv4.

• Upvote 1

Just done a bit more indepth research and come across editing the fsx.cfg file with the line stick_sensitivity_mode=0 in the Controls. Anyone heard of this?

Ian Livesey

OK The thread can be closed now, I've managed to fix things using the tweak to the fsx.cfg file above and this video  

Thanks for your help guys. Can always count on you all :)

Blue skies!

Ian Livesey

1 minute ago, cyclops365 said:

I've managed to fix things using the tweak to the fsx.cfg file above

Thanks for posting the solution Ian, this may help others with same problem.  May I recommend you set up your profile to add your name automatically to posts?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello All,

I am having the same problem with all aircrafts on the on P3d V4. It was working fine and all of a sudden I realize when I am trying to taxi once i move the throttle to give the aircraft power to roll and bring back my throttle down it will done go down to N1.  Please assist.