Sign in to follow this  
sacrayton

Cockpit

Robert,

Are there any plans in the future to produce a flight model compatible with cockpit software like ProSim or SimA? Or even one produced by PMDG for home cockpit builders? I am in the process of purchasing and building a 737 home cockpit simulator, and have done a lot of reading on posts by other builders. It seems the there is a very high demand for the PMDG 737NGX model compatibility. This is more of just a curiosity question than a product development question.

Sincerely,

Stephen

There is a version planned for all of the Boeing jets I believe, I don't know when it will be available though.

You can build a complete home cockpit today based on Prepar3D and PMDG B737NGX combined with Opencockpits hardware. 

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Thanks Roar! I am a proud supporter of Flight Deck Solutions!!!!

Stephen

Did PMDG ever finish their 747 simulator at their facility in Virginia?

Paul Gugliotta

1 hour ago, paulyg123 said:

Did PMDG ever finish their 747 simulator at their facility in Virginia?

The 747 sim is based on our 748 software. Given that the 748 software is not done, the 747 sim is also not yet done.

The facility is built out. Just no sim.

17 hours ago, sacrayton said:

Or even one produced by PMDG for home cockpit builders?

Our 747 will be the first plane to be essentially "ready" for hardware developers to interface into most completely, since we've designed the hardware-software interface to support the level of detail that we need in the 748 sim. The ones up to this point are all confined to the SDK.

RSR discusses it in greater detail here, at about 24:00:

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 8.9.2017 at 4:06 AM, sacrayton said:

Thanks Roar! I am a proud supporter of Flight Deck Solutions!!!!

Stephen

Hei,

And I am the proud supporter of PMDG , Opencockpits and OC4BAv4.

It is all PMDGB737NGX behind the hood.dsc-0647_orig.jpg

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Roar,

Thanks for the reply. I am actually aware of the OpenCockPits Hardware and the OC4BA script. I have actually had correspondence with the script developer. But I am leaning towards a FlightDeckSolutions hardware cockpit. We shall see how things develop. Oh and by the way, I only fly PMDG!!!!

Stephen Crayton