Sign in to follow this  
Marcelo Plaza

Volcano Land - Central-Southern Chile and Argentina

After one week working with Orthos4XP I had success with the first 4 tiles of the "Volcano Land". 

I use to live around this area and it is a beautiful scenery (naturally).

The setup is a bit different from the tutorials but in general my major problem was Complex Masks, it gave problems and the game crashed in several different ways.

Now I have a question about the foggy image that is displayed as a result of the tiles creation. What should the parameters be to make such correction in Orthos4XP. I want to make it preferable  in one pass, it doesn't matter if the tiles already have some different tones, I just want to boost some contrast and color correction. 

Should I have done this with the JPEGs before creating the tiles ?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

MCP

I don't think we are allowed post links anymore on avsim. Google alpilotx hd mesh. Download the tiles you want and put them in your custom scenery - put them at the bottom below all other scenery entries in your scenery.ini. Then run OrthoXP using your Bing ZL17 and direct the overlays to the Earth Nav folder of the hd mesh folder which you recently downloaded.

In scenery.ini,

1. airports
  2. overlays
  3. ortho tiles
  4. hd mesh folder
  • Upvote 1

Hi. In case I opt to the HD mesh I need to generate the tiles again with the new mesh and then Overlay it ?

Edit: I did it, Overlay with Ortho4XP and added HD Mesh folder in the scenery.ini

thks

MCP

I don't think those fogs are Ortho4XP.  Try CAVOK and clear high visibility, if those fogs are gone, then try reduce the fog/haze by using the fog_be_gone tweak (just Google for this).

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020