Sign in to follow this  
Araxxos

RESOLVED P3D V4 Crash during long haul

Hi!

So I just got a CTD during my first flight on P3D v4. I was using the PMDG 77W from the Sunskyjets KPHL to EDDF (Aerosoft) and was half across the atlantic flying on VATSIM (vPilot) when I got a CTD... :-/ 
I checked the event viewer and it says the fault module was ntdll.dll...(Ill copy the fault message below, it's in swedish but the important stuff will be there)... 

Since I just got the sim after having been on FSX since 2009 I do not have much installed. I have spent some money on some payware addons and I hope this wasn't a mistake :( Does anyone know what the problem might be or how to fix it? :/

I'll list my addons and specs below + the error message.

Addons:

ORBX FTX Global Base
ORBX HD Trees
PMDG 777-200/300
Activesky for P3D v4
Aerosoft EDDF
Envtex
Sunskyjets KPHL
vPilot - SPAI AI Traffic
FSUIPC 5

Specs:
Intel i7 7800X 3.5Ghz 8.25MB
MSI GTX Geforce 1080 Ti Gaming X 11GB GDDR5
Corsair Hydro 115i
Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB DDR4
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Seagate Firecuda 2TB (P3D installed here)

Error message from Event viewer:

Loggnamn:      Application
Källa:         Application Error
Datum:         2017-09-08 05:32:06
Händelse-ID:   1000
Aktivitetskategori:(100)
Nivå:          Fel
Nyckelord:     Klassiskt
Användare:     Saknas
Dator:         DESKTOP-O6CHHU8
Beskrivning:
Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: Prepar3D.exe, version 4.0.28.21686, tidsstämpel 0x594a7255
, felet uppstod i modulen med namn: ntdll.dll, version 10.0.14393.1532, tidsstämpel 0x5965abad
Undantagskod: 0xc0000374
Felförskjutning: 0x00000000000f8363
Process-ID: 0x1b48
Programmets starttid: 0x01d3282962b741ae
Sökväg till program: D:\Program (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Sökväg till modul: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Rapport-ID: e8a70025-bc89-45be-a016-d7b29452545e
Fullständigt namn på felaktigt paket: 
Program-ID relativt till felaktigt paket: 
Händelsens XML-data:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-08T03:32:06.870509100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1903</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-O6CHHU8</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>4.0.28.21686</Data>
    <Data>594a7255</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.14393.1532</Data>
    <Data>5965abad</Data>
    <Data>c0000374</Data>
    <Data>00000000000f8363</Data>
    <Data>1b48</Data>
    <Data>01d3282962b741ae</Data>
    <Data>D:\Program (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>e8a70025-bc89-45be-a016-d7b29452545e</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Any help would be appreciated!

Since you have FSUIPC installed, I would look there first.  However corrupted scenery can cause a crash anywhere in the sim, without warning.   Once you start adding things into the application it can be hard to get back to a baseline and find the culprit.  I always suggest a step by step approach with add-ons, keep a log of what you've added and pay attention to any issues that crop up.  You can always go back to the beginning and reinstall.

I have found that P3d doesn't always like my saved flights and it will crash right away on some of them.  I have to be careful to pick a startup situation that I know will work.  P3d may have a bug reading some of the parameters of saved flights, so that might also happen in mid-flight if the parameters get mixed up.

John

Check to see the NTDLL.dll error in the p3d ctd guide and stop using pirated traffic. Who knows what else they have in there.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Using fsrealtime?  

Skai could have non native models,  my money on that.  

Maybe they can pin a sticky on non native models I reckon there's been 20 topics to date on this. 

14ppkc-6.png

There is a known issue with pmdg planes and ctd after few hours of flying (ntdll.dll). Its caused by popping out the captains pfd. once you did it, there is a good chance of facing a ctd after a couple of hours.

pmdg reacted in the latest updates and disabled the captains pfd pop out of all planes (737, 777, 747) by default. you have to enable it manually in the fmc pmdg options menu. but you will get a warning of a possible ctd by enabling it.

NTD.DLL Is the bearer of many issues of CTDS problem is narrowing down which one.

As mentioned before If I unplug my usb joystick I get a ctd and NTD.DLL 

If you have non native ai models that will cause it

The pmdg one is common

If you run the sim with out the scenery\world\scenery folder activated you get them for examaple I found that out a few weeks ago by mistake playing with the lorby tool

In fact 8 times out of 10 youll get the ntd.dll error for various issues the other 2 you will get APL.DLL and aiplayer.dll.  For example the affinty mask tweak used a api.dll error for me.

The devil is finding out which one it is.  Does that skai have the camsim 787 in it ??   that will cause a ntd.dll

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, tooting said:

NTD.DLL Is the bearer of many issues of CTDS problem is narrowing down which one.

As mentioned before If I unplug my usb joystick I get a ctd and NTD.DLL 

If you have non native ai models that will cause it

The pmdg one is common

If you run the sim with out the scenery\world\scenery folder activated you get them for examaple I found that out a few weeks ago by mistake playing with the lorby tool

In fact 8 times out of 10 youll get the ntd.dll error for various issues the other 2 you will get APL.DLL and aiplayer.dll.  For example the affinty mask tweak used a api.dll error for me.

The devil is finding out which one it is.  Does that skai have the camsim 787 in it ??   that will cause a ntd.dll

I have the same problem when unplugging my Saitek Yoke. What I usually do is click on another application so P3D is no longer in focus, wait about 5 seconds, unplug the yoke , wait another 5 seconds or so, then put P3D back into focus. Same for plugging it in. That solved it for me. 

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I have the same problem when unplugging my Saitek Yoke. What I usually do is click on another application so P3D is no longer in focus, wait about 5 seconds, unplug the yoke , wait another 5 seconds or so, then put P3D back into focus. Same for plugging it in. That solved it for me. 

asus motherboard ??

14ppkc-6.png

9 hours ago, jeypee said:

There is a known issue with pmdg planes and ctd after few hours of flying (ntdll.dll). Its caused by popping out the captains pfd. once you did it, there is a good chance of facing a ctd after a couple of hours.

pmdg reacted in the latest updates and disabled the captains pfd pop out of all planes (737, 777, 747) by default. you have to enable it manually in the fmc pmdg options menu. but you will get a warning of a possible ctd by enabling it.

Does this include the FO pfd? 

2 hours ago, Araxxos said:

Does this include the FO pfd? 

No, this is part of the mystery. FO PFD not affected.

David Porrett

The exception code - 0xc0000374 indicates Heap Corruption.  You can lower your overclock or return the OC to the optimal default and that fixes most ntdll.dll errors.  MyTrafficX also causes the ntdll.dll error as trafficmil.bgl is not compatible with P3DV4.  You did not indicate you had that installed though.  Just mentioning in case you have it installed.  If you are flying near the incompatible aircraft, it may cause your sim to crash.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides suggestions I found across the internet for NTDLL.dll errors.  Look in the rear of the guide.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

12 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

The exception code - 0xc0000374 indicates Heap Corruption.  You can lower your overclock or return the OC to the optimal default and that fixes most ntdll.dll errors.  MyTrafficX also causes the ntdll.dll error as trafficmil.bgl is not compatible with P3DV4.  You did not indicate you had that installed though.  Just mentioning in case you have it installed.  If you are flying near the incompatible aircraft, it may cause your sim to crash.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides suggestions I found across the internet for NTDLL.dll errors.  Look in the rear of the guide.

Best regards,

Jim

I don't have it overclocked though :-/ unless it came OC when i bought it which i doubt...

12 hours ago, Araxxos said:

I don't have it overclocked though :-/ unless it came OC when i bought it which i doubt...

Okay.  I made the comment as I did not know whether it was OC or not.  Most modern systems are OC'd and your CPU - i7 7800X can be OC'd up to around 4.7GHz..  In the BIOS, if you save it with the optimal defaults, it would automatically be overclocked to 4.0GHz.  But you have decided to keep it at 3.5GHz which is the stock setting.  Bottom line, a bad overclock should be discounted.  I just wanted to mention it as too high or too low CPU voltage setting, even by the expert overclockers will cause the ntdll.dll error.

So I again recommend you check out the ways others in the community fixed an ntdll.dll crash by looking at the many suggestions on page 33 of the guide.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was having a similar problem as you were.  I have a similar rig and have similar add-ons.  Two hours into transatlantic --> CTD --> again, again, and again.   I fly the PMDG T7 and 737ngx.  Then one flight I used the 737ngx --> I didn't load any flightplan into AS4D or P3D --> flew for 6 hours straight and no CTD.  I thought I might be on to something --> so in the T7 I turned off upload flight plan to AS4D/P3D and voila --> 10 hour flight without CTD.  So for me I was able to alleviate the CTD by doing all flight-planning on the FMC and not allowing the flight plan to be uploaded into AS4D/P3d. Only annoying thing is the AS4D keeps asking for flight plan to be loaded via the green message bar.

Give it a try.. might work for you too.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

On 2017-09-09 at 2:41 PM, Jim Young said:

Okay.  I made the comment as I did not know whether it was OC or not.  Most modern systems are OC'd and your CPU - i7 7800X can be OC'd up to around 4.7GHz..  In the BIOS, if you save it with the optimal defaults, it would automatically be overclocked to 4.0GHz.  But you have decided to keep it at 3.5GHz which is the stock setting.  Bottom line, a bad overclock should be discounted.  I just wanted to mention it as too high or too low CPU voltage setting, even by the expert overclockers will cause the ntdll.dll error.

So I again recommend you check out the ways others in the community fixed an ntdll.dll crash by looking at the many suggestions on page 33 of the guide.

I have since cheched bios and it is oc:d to 4,0 ghz