Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

The Maddog is coming to P3D!

It has already been posted in this forum last week. But that post was moved to another forum because of reasons of maybe not being relevant enough for a P3D subforum, who knows. So I guess when someone uses the "Search this forum" feature up on the right to check if something like this has already been posted, they are going to conclude that is has not, and they are of course going to go ahead and post it.

Yes, I am not overly fond of posts being moved around a lot to other subforums where they get read less and discussed less.

• Upvote 4

When will this even be released though? Who knows when.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 hours ago, charliewards said:

+1

Please stop moving so many posts. 

Posts are moved because they are not in the correct forum.  I suppose we should post for sale items here also because they get read more?

Since this is the THIRD thread with the same announcement, I'm merging this with the others.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

When will this even be released though? Who knows when.

Forum posts show that the idea of this plane has existed since 2013. The screenshots look like it is nearing completion.

16 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Posts are moved because they are not in the correct forum.  

So a P3Dv4 airplane announcement should go to the same forum then an IRMA thread ?

FSX has ten subforums, P3D has one, even though the majority of threads are P3D related. Why not give P3D an airplane, scenery and tools subforum. Then a thread like this could go where it belongs.

If I look which threads are still in the P3D forum and which are not or are moved, one could think a dice is used. 

Makes an "over moderated" impression.

BTW, the official text for the P3D forum reads : This forum is for general user to user discussions...

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

for those not using Facebook, some more info :

There will be a new external model, still the same system depth, but no analog gauges version. And initially the shared cockpit feature will not be available. Release is planned for this year. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, byork said:

I'm not just saying this because we have an FS2Crew for it, but the Leonardo Maddog was at PMDG level quality in the system department.

Yeah, it was just great to listen to all the system sounds while the FS2Crew FO was doing HER preparation part. It was the best FS2Crew ever made. I hope the source for this voice still exists :biggrin:.

Really look forward to get that back in P3Dv4 !

8 hours ago, mikealpha said:

FSX has ten subforums, P3D has one, even though the majority of threads are P3D related. Why not give P3D an airplane, scenery and tools subforum. Then a thread like this could go where it belongs.

A good suggestion that I agree with - I have passed it on to the powers that be.

Vic.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Very sweet.  I dare say that the plane is more aesthetically more pleasing than Boeing 737 (the body shape that is) I always have a soft spot for roundness :anonymose:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

A good suggestion that I agree with - I have passed it on to the powers that be.

Vic.

May be is it just necessary to delete the link from the first post...?

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

13 hours ago, mikealpha said:

for those not using Facebook, some more info :

There will be a new external model, still the same system depth, but no analog gauges version. And initially the shared cockpit feature will not be available. Release is planned for this year. 

Thanks for the info.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎09 at 0:43 PM, vgbaron said:

Vic.

But do they understand?  Right?

What's needed? Axel grease? How about shared drinks and a swap of old AVSIM (all in-house of course, with some even half true) stories (ask Father Bill)! We swapped yarns and sang hymns all night, me with diet coke and he with the more Irish Catholic kind! Chase was too upright, or too young to keep up so went to bed. That kind of offer has got to equal a forum or three!

Kind regards,