Sign in to follow this  
romoni

A Screen go black

Hello!

Today I tryed to fly PAEN-PAJN -> FL170 two times and after I reached about FL155 my screen go little by little black. I can hear engines running and via AivlaSoft EFB I can see that aircraft moving higher and this point I canselled the flight. Very odd situation Any idea about what could cause this problem? First I think about that this is some extra feature and it's affilate to pressure or my computer is going broken...

Earlier flight are gone very well without problem and what new is I started using F1 GTN 650 yestarday.

Rolf

FSX SE - Windows 10 64 bit

Rolf Niemi

Hi Rolf:

If you didn't set the pressurization panel in advance, you simply "grayed out" and later "blacked out" for lack of oxygen.

The best habit, is to include the set up of the pressurization panel for every flight (it is in my check list, ((after I blacked out!!)) even if at low altitudes).

If you are already in flight, there is a "last recourse" if you open the task bar on the top of the monitor screen and select:

Add-Ons->PMDG DC-6->Don/Remove Oxygen Mask

You should do that as soon as you realize that "things are getting grey" .....oohhh oohhh I am in trouble!!!

Roberto

• Upvote 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

34 minutes ago, romoni said:

Very odd situation Any idea about what could cause this problem?

RTFM

Regards Ronald van Ingen

1 hour ago, romoni said:

Today I tryed to fly PAEN-PAJN -> FL170 two times and after I reached about FL155 my screen go little by little black.

The FAA requires oxygen for unpressurized planes when they are taken beyond 12,500. There's a reason for this :wink:

(The DC-6 is only pressurized if the pressurization is set.)

Also, quick note: there's no such thing as FL170 or FL155 in the States. FL180 and above, only.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello!

Thank You Roberto, Ronald and Kyle!

I followed a Checklist and set a pressurization as I normally has been done. Before I bought this addon I watched a few videos to learn this aircraft. Then I RTFM but obviosly I missed something but thank You Roberto. You made things very clear to me and I'll follow Yours advise in future.

Kyle - yeah, but I just tryed to tell what and where I lost my cognition (mayby a wrong words) and it happened after 15 500 feet.

Rolf

Rolf Niemi