Sign in to follow this  

ORBX CBB7 Freeware

Does anyone have a copy of orbxftxcbb7100.rar that they would be willing to share with me? :biggrin:

Anyway I understand that CBB7 will work properly in P3D V4. I did have on old reg entry that pointed to where FSX used to be so I put an FSX folder where the registry was pointing to and placed a Prepar3D.exe in that folder and renamed it FSX.exe. The installer worked and added an ORBX folder to the FSX root. The ORBX folder contains 2 folders with moving part. "FTX_NA" and "Scripts". FTX_NA contains FTX_AA_CBB7 and that folder contains "Scenery" and "Texture" folder.

I moved FTX_AA_CBB7 to FTX_NA in the ORBX folder in the Prepar3D V4 Root Directory and started Prepar3D V4. I pointed the scenery library to FTX_NA_CBB7.

It seems that all of the static Simobjects loaded but not the ground textures or building or Trees.

I the other folder in "ORBX" in the fake FSX install "Scripts" there are 5 files:

AddSceneryLibEntries.bat

orbx_cpl_CBB7.xml

OrbxControlPanel.exe

OrbxControlPanelSettings.xml

scenerylib_NA_CBB7.cfg

I tried OrbxControlPanel.exe but it doesn't work. Got a message saying "No Configuration file specified"

So the question  is can one of you fine gentlemen give me a tutorial on how to get this to work in V4 ? Or direct me to a Tutorial.I tried google but found nothing specific.

Is there a way to integrate it into FTXcentral 3.2.2.8?

57 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Is there a way to integrate it into FTXcentral 3.2.2.8?

No.  It is no longer supported by Orbx.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

There appeared to be a falling out between Orbx and the author of the scenery, too bad it looked really nice!

So I have it on good authority that CBB7 will work in P3D V4 and there is a way to do it!

Anyone got any info on this?

OK so I found these instructions on YouTube for installing in V3.

It doesn't make complete sense to me. Can anyone else comment and perhaps elaborate on this for installing ORBX CBB7 in Prepar3D V4. The instruction are in the comments section under the video.

Well I guess if you are very well versed and experienced in this stuff you could figure it out. Now I have edited .xml etc. before but with only very clear instructions and I wouldn't want to be taking chances with messing up a perfectly functioning installation of V4. We'll this all started when I asked on the ORBX forum about updating CBB7 to V4 and releasing it as payware. It would certainly appear that ORBX will tell you that it works in V4 but won't tell you how to install it. I guess its a tight rope! Anyway if I where to value my free time in $ equivalent to my working hours it cost me far more trying to work this out than It would have cost me to buy 2 or 3 FTX scenery's.

Well, I managed to install Tipella in both FSX and P3Dv4.  It's not difficult and involves copying the CBB7 folder from the FSX Orbx NA folder, where the installer has placed it, and placing it in an addon folder in the P3D root directory (or wherever you like) and install/activate the scenery as you would any 3rd party addon scenery.  However, the results when viewing the scenery in V4 is somewhat inferior to that in FSX, probably due to the fact that you don't have access to the control panel for the scenery, and much of the object flow which is present in FSX is absent in the P3D version.  But you can certainly place the aircraft of your choice there and presumably land there, but much of the details you would find in the FSX version are missing.  Oh, well!

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

12 minutes ago, StewartH said:

However, the results when viewing the scenery in V4 is somewhat inferior to that in FSX, probably due to the fact that you don't have access to the control panel for the scenery, and much of the object flow which is present in FSX is absent in the P3D version.  But you can certainly place the aircraft of your choice there and presumably land there, but much of the details you would find in the FSX version are missing.  Oh, well!

I concur. Lots of messing about, results very disappointing. So much so that I asked myself why am I bothering? I'll never fly into there. Did a hasty backtrack and resigned myself to the default(Should I return!)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

I concur. Lots of messing about, results very disappointing. So much so that I asked myself why am I bothering? I'll never fly into there. Did a hasty backtrack and resigned myself to the default(Should I return!)

Yup.  I don't see any point in bothering with it in P3D.  But I think I'll leave it installed in FSX, just in case. 

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Be careful if you decided to install this.  I did...and spent wasted time, trying to fix my FSX:SE, because of what I found out was happening...that old CBB7.dll OrbxFlow was crashing out the sim.

I tracked it down....deleted it it...deleted it from the DLL.cfg files, and then deleted the entire install made by the old no-longer supported ORBX installer.

What a fool I was for even trying this....

Lesson learned...

Back now to a clean and running FSX:SE!

On 9/14/2017 at 0:11 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

Be careful if you decided to install this.  I did...and spent wasted time, trying to fix my FSX:SE, because of what I found out was happening...that old CBB7.dll OrbxFlow was crashing out the sim.

I tracked it down....deleted it it...deleted it from the DLL.cfg files, and then deleted the entire install made by the old no-longer supported ORBX installer.

What a fool I was for even trying this....

Lesson learned...

Back now to a clean and running FSX:SE!

Thanks for the heads up. I have abandoned the effort.