Sign in to follow this  
retired_doc

PMDG 747 for2004 FMC problems?

Hi,

I am trying to get my PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies running.  I seem to be having trouble with the FMC, and have been following youtube tutorials to see what the problem is.  I have noticed that my Nav Data: AIRAC-0802 (Active Feb14Mar12/08, and wonder if that might be a problem.  Do I need to get an update for that?  I did load an update from the website v1.2, but don't know if there is another update I need to do for the nav data?  I am getting "not in database" error messages.  

Also, at one point when I got to the activate and then pushed "exec", and it took me back to activate instead of moving forward to the next step.  Not sure enough to know how to proceed??

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks, Kent.

Navdata has nothing to do with the update. Navdata are upgraded through Navigraph subscription, if they still support this product. Depending the airport you are putting you might correct receive not in database since the Airac is almost 10 years old.

Regarding the activation, if there is a mistake somewhere in the FMC then it will not let you activate the FP. I suggest downloading and go over the Type rating lessons from PMDG (https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks, Chris,

Will do.  I was realizing that I needed to get some more information on how to set this up, and had forgotten about these :blush:...oops.  Thanks  for bringing them to my attention.

Kent.