Sign in to follow this  
paradoxbox

Most realistic turboprop for P3D?

Thanks for the posts guys.

But like I said, the Q400 I already have and it is too big of an aircraft for the fields I want to fly into. BAe 4100 is most likely too big as well.

I am going to take a look at the Cessna and Duke.

Does anyone have any opinions about either the Carenado or Flight1 Pilatus PC-12?

The Flight 1 King Air B200 is really pulling me in.. it looks so good..

The Flight 1 B200 King Air is excellent. 

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I would also advise Cessna 441. This is a really interesting aircraft flight dynamics and on the implementation of systems. If the graphical part of the design of VC you are not satisfied, can offer to try alternative textures that I did for myself last year.

There is a link in this thread:

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

5 hours ago, paradoxbox said:

Does anyone have any opinions about either the Carenado or Flight1 Pilatus PC-12?

Unless I am missing something, the Flight1 PC-12 is a very old FS2004 version overhauled to work in FSX and never really built for P3D.

The Carenado PC-12 is typical Carenado product; great looking textures and modeling. OK FDE and poor avionics / AFCS implementation. There was a patched FDE in the Carenado forums. I never really liked the FDE for the PC-12 as it always had an aggressive nose down attitude on landing. I know some felt it was realistic, but speaking with PC-12 pilot's when upgrading them to the King Air it was not really that different than a King Air landing with full flaps. I never got around to trying their version 2.

I preferred the TBM-850 and the PA46T from Carenado. Both have mods in the Carenado forums for integrating the F1 GTN750 into the G1000 system. Nowhere near the systems integration of the Dash 8, but they are fun and simple flyers. 

Pmdg is doing the jetsteam for v4?!  yaaaassssss!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

59 minutes ago, KenG said:

Carenado's PC-12 v2.0 with the mods that are available for it makes it a pretty decent plane, I enjoy flying it. Simple like most of Carenado's stuff but the mods really help and it's fun to fly in and out of short dirt runways! As mentioned above Flight 1 PC-12 is a FS2004 model.

I would say the Flight 1 B200.  Don't know which version of P3D you are using but it is not yet available in V4 and the reason I have not migrated to V4 yet.  Great for runs in ORBX regions.

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

45 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

I would say the Flight 1 B200.  Don't know which version of P3D you are using but it is not yet available in V4 and the reason I have not migrated to V4 yet.  Great for runs in ORBX regions.

+1 The best, most realistic right now. I have the Milviz King Air alpha(s) and the flight model 2 years ago was very good. Looking forward to it in final form.

Actually, I can no longer recommend the F1 B200. When the developer used as one of the reasons he could not add a Weather Radar was the significant change in the FDE they lost all my respect. 

-> Yoda on F1 Forums: "And because radar in the real airplane adds weight, doing it realistically would force us to go back into the flight model and redevelop that -- itself a lengthy, expensive process."

The radome does not change regardless if the Wx Radar is installed or not.

I've heard some zingers in my day, but that is the best.

• Upvote 2

The exterior model has nothing to do with the flight model though.

He is talking about having to redo performance figures. I take that to mean that they have modeled the aircraft with an empty radome which should provide a decent weight savings and increase in useful load as it is now.

Jim from Flight 1 had mentioned they may add a couple of new features to their KA 200 once it gets released for P3D v4, can't wait, great aircraft!!

36 minutes ago, paradoxbox said:

The exterior model has nothing to do with the flight model though.

He is talking about having to redo performance figures. I take that to mean that they have modeled the aircraft with an empty radome which should provide a decent weight savings and increase in useful load as it is now.

The 12" Xband dish does not weight enough to make a difference. Anyone who has ever actually flown the airplane realizes what a ridiculous statement that was. 

That does seem like a silly excuse to be honest. I'd be surprised if an entire weather radar system for a GA aeroplane (dish, mounting plate, brackets etc, cockpit avionics display, cables etc) added more than 20lbs to the weight of the aeroplane, probably less. Even if it was more than that, it surely would only require a different weight value typing into the aircraft CFG file to account for it. A King Air weighs what? maybe 9,000lbs or so? 20lbs more is hardly going to change its flight characteristics much, if at all to be honest.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Besides, you could add a station load in the aircraft.cfg to reflect the position and weight in about 30 seconds. :anonymose:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

it's not that simple guys, if you have never developed an aircraft you should not judge developers for resisting that kind of thing. the aircraft was developed before WX radar was commonly available in aircraft. it's not a big deal to use an external gauge.
whether you think it is a lot of work or not, trust me, as a former developer, it is a LOT of work to put something into an already finished product. it's not a simple matter of adding a little weight to the nose. it will likely require a lot of reprogramming to the autoflight system, the fuel consumption computers, sensors etc. it is more complicated than you think it is.

anyway, i went ahead with the b200 and i have found it to be a very excellent aircraft. it features icing which was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. the anti icing and deicing systems work nicely as well.

very pleased with the b200, it flies as i remember the real one does. the avionics are a lot more modern than what i had, so that's something to get used to. the brakes and taxi behavior are not very good, but other than that it is an awesome aircraft with excellent systems modelling. i was really impressed with how well it flies and stuff like the spool up which most add ons do not get right.

since the cessna appears to be on sale as well i might also pick it up too.