Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Is it my Fault? P3D v4, now terrible performance, solutions?

My P3Dv4 was smooth as silk and I was following my own instructions, go slow, add one thing at a time. Everything was great. Orbx Global, all regions, a hundred Orbx airports, Vector, OpenLC...still going strong, smooth as silk. Started adding planes, so far so good.

Loaded up V4 and still it was great. Then sort of went a bit wild, added REX4+Soft Clouds (the new hot patch), added my new Turbulent Designs, added loads of Norway freeware, yup still good but noticed a few stutters, added more planes and started experimentation with older installers on planes. I have my setting set appropriately for my machine and it was working great. Made no changes to settings. I have no tweaks in my CFG.

Spent three weeks building up and learning XP11, not touching P3DV4.

Last night and this morning I load up P3DV4, its a mess. Stuttering, pausing. What the heck?

I notice that my CPU reading, even after a clean reboot, is 100% when flying P3Dv4. I also notice that there is fluctuation in CPU slightly and it corresponds to my frames jumping all over the place, one second 6, then 30 back to 14 then back to 27, all of which are causing stutters and pauses.

So, now what! This had become unflyable!

1. I could start uninstalling addons in reverse order to see if its one of those.

2. I could delete shaders and let rebuild and see if that works.

3. I could reinstall P3Dv4 client, then go further.

4. I could start all over again, and not mess with old installers etc.

Gees this is a painful situation, more time messing than flying.

Advice, recommendations welcome!!

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

backup and delete Prepard3D.cfg and restart P3Dv4

You don't have to reinstall anything

IF the above does not work..Back your scenery,cfg and delete and restart P3Dv4

IF the aboive does not work, Back up your DLL.xml. and exe.xml and delete them and restart P3Dv4

Same with FSUIPC.ini file too

Until you find the culprit file

Then put everything back in except the culprit file

And then remove half the entries in that "culprit"  file and eliminate which half is the offender in...and then do that half further into half the entries... This is called Binary search. 

This happens to me all the time ....One day I am happy and then I notice the stutter...and I have no clue when the offensive entry got in

Instead of breaking my head over trying to guess..I do this routine. I do the same when I suddenly start getting CTDs too.

TAKE COMPLETE BACK UP OF ALL THE FILES BEFORE DOING THE ABOVE EXERCISE! Non destructive search for the offender. 

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just now, Manny said:

backup and delete Prepard3D.cfg and restart P3Dv4

OK guess it won't hurt as I don't have any extra tweaks.

I am just now trying to shader rebuild as well as that is also easy.

Near CAM3

I think it's very clear what happened. P3Dv4 got jealous of you messing around with XP11, and now you are paying the price! :)

• Upvote 4

LOl....too funny!

Near CAM3

My system

I7-6700K  4.2GHZ overclocked
GTX 970 4GB 7GHZ GDDR5
RAM 16G DDR4 2133MHZ
ASUS Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Z170 Skylake DDR4 CrossFireX/SLI USB3.1 Motherboard

Near CAM3

46 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

added loads of Norway freeware

I try to avoid freeware. Is it v4 compatible?

Just now, bills511 said:

I try to avoid freeware. Is it v4 compatible?

good point, in this case Actually yes they say they are V4 compatible, and while installing I tested the individual airports and didn't seem to have any issues.

I have just tried rebuild of shaders and cfg and this did not help, except the cfg rebuild of course looked great for minute but all the setting were very low, so I cranked them up to what they were before when it was running smoothly and got the same results.

I'll try a client reinstall and see what happens.

I also have a new TV monitor and was wondering if that might be an issue, so I move the sim over to my older Samsung 23" monitor and the results are the same, poor in the extreme.

Bryan

Near CAM3

Now trying a client repair, if that doesn't work I'll try the uninstall client and reinstall the same one. Not sure if it makes much difference than the repair but I'm taking it one step at a time.

If the client repair or reinstall fails, I suspect I will need to start all over again...which is not a great thought.

Near CAM3

Every action taken by me to rectify has failed. The sim is unflyable.

Tried the client fixes, nadda.

This sucks.

Near CAM3

Uninstall your addons and try again. Obviously "something" got corrupted OR is incompatible. Reinstalling the client puts the core sim back to default but won't affect addons.

You could try reinstalling the content.msi first and see if that clears it up.

I would delete the p3d.cfg ( rename if you need to save settings) and stay with the default cfg while you test.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Also 8xSSAA turns my P3D V4 into a stuttering mess.  Use 4xSSAA.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Again, look at how this is happening.  20 minutes into a flight.  Is that from anywhere, or from a specific location?  Things that take time like that in the sim are usually caused by a bad scenery bgl or a texture hunt taking place in the background.  There are utilities out there that will scan what the sim is looking for.  They take a while to read but are helpful in isolating problems.  They are not process viewers, they are file use viewers.  Can't recall the names but if you use google you can find these tools and they are a great help in rooting out problems with software add-ons.

John

Hi Brian

You could also try deleting the generated files in P3D v4 Shortcut, as in Part 2 of the Tutorial below by Elaine:

Be sure to selectively allow your installed addons after restarting the Sim

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Had the same problem a couple of days ago... A reinstall of the client did not help, a shader rebuild did not help, simply nothing has helped.

The problem was that I undocked a window from the sim. When I docked it again, frames raised from 4 to 25 again. In my case it was the FS2Crew command bar, that I have undocked and moved to another screen.

Best,

Holger