Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Is it my Fault? P3D v4, now terrible performance, solutions?

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Uninstall your addons and try again. Obviously "something" got corrupted OR is incompatible. Reinstalling the client puts the core sim back to default but won't affect addons.

You could try reinstalling the content.msi first and see if that clears it up.

I would delete the p3d.cfg ( rename if you need to save settings) and stay with the default cfg while you test.

Vic

OK Vic, have not tried the uninstall addons but it has been on my mind. I'm thinking corrupted compatible is the target area.

Yes the client did nothing.

Have not done content.msi, not sure what that might affect.

I did delete the cfg, backup up the original, took screen shots of all my setting pages.

Rebooted the sim, rebuilt the cfg and when I turned it on, the frames were amazing and smooth but the sim setting were so low as to be ridiculously poor. I did not spend over $2000 for my new gaming PC for that of course. So I returned the settings to what I was using and the sim ground to a halt again.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

59 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Also 8xSSAA turns my P3D V4 into a stuttering mess.  Use 4xSSAA.

Cheers

bs

Thanks "bean", I then tried every aa setting, it made no difference which one I used, which in itself is interesting. I had been using 4xmsaa, not sure what difference it is supposed to make between MSAA and SSAA.

Near CAM3

Then I would repeat that exercise only this time restore the settings one by one and test after - or restore a small group and test - repeat as necessary.

Content is the default aircraft, etc. Doesn't affect scenery.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

Again, look at how this is happening.  20 minutes into a flight.  Is that from anywhere, or from a specific location?  Things that take time like that in the sim are usually caused by a bad scenery bgl or a texture hunt taking place in the background.  There are utilities out there that will scan what the sim is looking for.  They take a while to read but are helpful in isolating problems.  They are not process viewers, they are file use viewers.  Can't recall the names but if you use google you can find these tools and they are a great help in rooting out problems with software add-ons.

John

Mine starts as soon as I push the throttle to full on the runway.

I have tried several different planes and start locations, yes, thinking just like you said, nadda, no change.

I did however, shutdown and reset my system from 7% overclock to 15% OC, and it hasn't made on ioda difference, still the same.

I will do some more research into utilities, that could be helpful.

Near CAM3

50 minutes ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi Brian

You could also try deleting the generated files in P3D v4 Shortcut, as in Part 2 of the Tutorial below by Elaine:

Be sure to selectively allow your installed addons after restarting the Sim

Hope this helps

Kind regards

OK this is new on me...off I go for some more torture....lol.

Near CAM3

I give you credit for staying with your current install. By now I would be uninstalling the sim and starting over, afterwards I would only install the 1 or 2 aircraft and sceneries that I want rather than everything at once.

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

OK this is new on me...off I go for some more torture....lol.

lol!

If you have Lorby-Si Addon Organizer also try updating that, i think its at Version 1.15 now, along with SODE if installed..

51 minutes ago, bills511 said:

I give you credit for staying with your current install. By now I would be uninstalling the sim and starting over, afterwards I would only install the 1 or 2 aircraft and sceneries that I want rather than everything at once.

I tried the repair provided in early post.

Interesting, I tried the repair, but I backed up every file first. And the results are much improved, but now I have micro stutters and pauses when panning and also of course my terrain.cfg is impacted so I would need to fix that for Orbx and UTX addons.

Thanks for the input, though. It almost has worked.

I think I will grap a case of beer, press uninstall and delete and clean off the drive and start over. I have only once in the past done this and I know that this will take me days. As I have tons, literately if you weighted them, tons of addons.

Near CAM3

4 minutes ago, Tokitaumelie said:

lol!

If you have Lorby-Si Addon Organizer also try updating that, i think its at Version 1.15 now, along with SODE if installed..

I do. But interestingly, I removed SODE and shut down my FSDT couatl thingee and GSX thingee, because I didn't trust them to not be the problem.

I give up. I'm going to just take several deep breaths press uninstall and delete according to that link you provided and do this all over again...argg!

Near CAM3

2 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I do. But interestingly, I removed SODE and shut down my FSDT coutl thingee and GSX thingee, because I didn't trust them to be the problem.

I give up. I'm going to just take several deep breaths press uninstall and delete according to that link you provided and do this all over again...argg!

P3D v4 Addons should prompt for you to allow them after you have deleted the generated files so be sure to selectively allow only those that you think are not the cause of your issues.

For those added by the P4AO, you could try locating the addon.xml's (should be in /Documents/P3D V4 Addons Folder, if you installed default) and moving them out to a temporary location to allow P3D to boot without loading them.

This way you don't have to uninstall everything and you could selectively restore them.

Uninstall. Redo everything.  I did.  AND IT WORKED.

Stan

One last "easy" thing to try....undo the overclock on anything running over spec.  Some components (CPU / GPU) can go into a underclock mode for brief periods to keep itself from committing suicide.   Something might be running too hot.

Mark

1 hour ago, Tokitaumelie said:

P3D v4 Addons should prompt for you to allow them after you have deleted the generated files so be sure to selectively allow only those that you think are not the cause of your issues.

For those added by the P4AO, you could try locating the addon.xml's (should be in /Documents/P3D V4 Addons Folder, if you installed default) and moving them out to a temporary location to allow P3D to boot without loading them.

This way you don't have to uninstall everything and you could selectively restore them.

Thanks, I have done this. It should help with saving time and should not be an issue moving them back with the xmls.

50 minutes ago, spilok said:

Uninstall. Redo everything.  I did.  AND IT WORKED.

Stan

Stan, I have just started the process, again, I cleaned off everything, I have screenshots of my setting so I can replicate what was working best for me. The base install went great, I adjusted the settings and took off, three digit frames and smooth as glass again. Yipee!

Now to follow my own advice, one addon at a time, test out and ensure alls well. Slow as you go.

I'm going to start with the Orbx stuff, then UTX, then specific planes etc.  I might skip REX + soft clouds, I actually think this may have been linked to the issue I was having but I'm sure the REX folks don't want to hear that.

6 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

One last "easy" thing to try....undo the overclock on anything running over spec.  Some components (CPU / GPU) can go into a underclock mode for brief periods to keep itself from committing suicide.   Something might be running too hot.

Mark

Interesting Mark, there may be something in this advice, but darn its too late now, I cleaner her off and have begun a reinstall.

Much much thanks to all you folks for helping me through this, I have learned a few things, again!

Near CAM3

You said CPU running at 100%? go to task manager and click on processes and see what else is running in the background eating up your cpu

ZORAN

some old addon not V4 compatible probably tanked your install. Don't try to shoehorn any oldies but goodies into the new sim install.