Sign in to follow this  
marvelphx

Avast detects exe as malicious

Hi ?,

Please follow the forum rule the next time and sign your post with your real name.

I just downloaded the latest released version 5.9.6457.32775 myself, installed it and uploaded SimLauncherX.exe to VirusTotal.com: none of the 63 virus detection engines detected a virus. It must be a false positive or your system is infected.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hello Maarten, I would like to offer my thoughts on this. Avast treats SLX as a virus, I have excluded SLX and also sent email to AVAST trying to get them to accept your great tool. I have not gotten a reply or any support and every time I update I need to shut down the Shields or it will destroy the update. After the update is done and I reset my Shields, I have to stop AVAST from trying to destroy SLX when it first starts and stop the virus program from trying to shut it down. Most times it it just destroys the desktop ICON, I have on a couple occasions had to re-install SLX. Maybe you can contact AVAST and give them the info they need. I will not be renewing my subscription to Avast in the new year, tired of dealing with this nonsense. 

Hi,

SimLauncherX has now been whitelisted by AVAST.

thanks, Maarten

Actually, it hasn't.  I have to deactivate Avast to use this software as of downloading and installing it tonight.  Avast absolutely refused to accept it, so in order to use this software I have to completely disable all Avast shields.  Starting the program is actually okay ... but when it tried to build a database the first time Avast freaked out, saying the program was "acting suspicious".

So my routine now is disable Avast completely.  I reinstalled the software and am now stuck on another issue I created a thread on, but wanted to pass it on that Avast users will still encounter issues with this.

To others reading this, just based on reputation in the community, I trust this software.  It's safe.  So my advice to others is just quit browsing the net and disable Avast completely when using this.  Malware Bytes, Zemana, and my other software all accept this software as safe :)

Hi Faelandaea,

I have had official confirmation by AVAST that they have put SimLauncherX on their whitelist. Maybe it takes some time before it gets effectuated. There's nothing more I can do.

Maarten

The exe file has indeed been whitelisted.  When I first ran the program, it was scanned by Avast and cleared, so, yes, that part has been whitelisted.  It's actions of changing the database, however, are being slapped by Avast.  We can whitelist a basic program and basic functions by it, but actions cannot be whitelisted.  No worries, though.  I'm not complaining.  Just advising other Avast users that they will need to temporarily turn Avast off when using this app.