Sign in to follow this  
Baksteen

Activation troubles

After several mandatory reinstallations necessary because of the changes of the Operations Center suddenly I got a message to activate the 747v3. I did it again and i could fly the 747.

Then a few days later (after some flights with the 737 en 777) i got the same message for the 737 and 777 but now without an activation window.

What’s happened?

I looked for clues why i couldn’t activate. Reinstalled all simconnect.msi (v 10.0.60905.0; found 3 different versions) with no positive effect.

So i had to use an old backup of the pc.

No solution.

Uninstalled all planes and installed the 737 again. No activation upon installation (used to be the case…). Fired up FSX and again the message FSX will be closed and I have to activate (where and how?)

Anti-virus off and again uninstall en install routine.

Now I was able to activate them all.

I’m not pleased. I want to fly and not troubleshoot the computer and do reinstalls for hours. Been busy from 23.00-03.00 hrs. Flightsimmer since years and no big problems with PMDG since it’s birth.

Regards,

Ton

Hi Ton, welcome to the PMDG forums and please note their rules ask for our full names on every post.

What "changes of the Operations Center" are you eluding too?  One should only have to activate a product once unless you change hardware of operating system, if you have to do it multiple times then something such as AV software is turning off the FlexNet services.  You didn't mention type of AV used but most cannot be turned off, they will load and do damage even when "turned off."

I recommend you get support direct from PMDG rather than here, which is a user forum.  PMDG Product Support is here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the reply and attention.

I meant the recent 2 or 3 updates we had to implent including OC advised by PMDG.

Using Bitdefender AV for years FSX directories excluded.

Regards Ton Meijers

All is well now at the western front.