Sign in to follow this  
byork

747 Question... Favorite SOP?

Dear 747 Simmers,

The 747 QOTS II version has been out for a few days now.

It's selling very well and the user base is growing larger by the minute!

Thank you for your support.

It's been a very smooth release, and the number of user reported issues are very small as you can see in the support forum here.

You can thank our beta team for that for doing an outstanding job identifying bugs!  We tested this product for a very long time prior to release.

However, I'd appreciated some feedback from our general users...

I'd be interested to know which SOP1 you guys -and girls- are you using the most? 

SOP 1 or 2?

SOP 2, because there`s a bit more interaction, e.g. the EVAC test, or to the line/below the line checklists.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

SOP 2 too ;) It's quite similar to the procedures of the Virtual Airline I'm currently flying with.

What about a little explanation of all the differencies ?

Anyone with experience can bring it up here ?

Havent tried SOP1 yet myself

Is BAW SOP2 the most ?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I haven't used 2 yet but will. I flew with 1 the day i got it and though it is the generic Boeing SOP, I saw quite a lot of interaction as compared to the previous 747 program. I hope for more interactions not just with the Queen but hopefully other airframes in future updates. Great job. 

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

9 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

What about a little explanation of all the differencies ?

Anyone with experience can bring it up here ?

Havent tried SOP1 yet myself

Is BAW SOP2 the most ?

Thanks Michael Moe

Last I checked SOP2 is sadly not BA. Using elimination I concluded that it most likely is an obsolete version of Virgins SOP. Although the SOP does have a few similarities to the BA one.

I love the SOP1. I find the minimalistic and straight to the point way that Boeing suggests quite easy and straightforward.

5 hours ago, tcas_climb said:

I love the SOP1. I find the minimalistic and straight to the point way that Boeing suggests quite easy and straightforward.

We actually found that most of the world's remaining 747 operators are actually using the stock Boeing procedures.  Or they're reverting to them.

• Upvote 1

Flew once with SOP 1 (the first flight). Then switched to SOP 2 for the next 4 flights and haven't switched back since. I got used to the "to the line" and "below the line" checklists with the 737 SOP 3. That being said, I too miss my Aussie FO.

I've also set it up that I do all the power up and preflight flows. Just so that I have more things to do to kill the 60 minute setup time. Also using the automated ground ops for short turnaround included in the 747.

I'm starting to memorize all the correct responses to checklists and precedures. 

Would love to be able to use SOP2 with Button Control. Just sayin ;-)

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

I usually use SOP1 in all of my planes.  I have yet to even try SOP2 in the 747, but then again I just bought the FS2Crew package today :)  I think i shall make tomorrow an SOP2 day to see what it is like.  But I have heard high and low from the community that SOP1 is where most of the operators prefer to be, because it is simplistic and straightforward.  I like that.  As a real world pilot, I am very prone to just keeping it simple when it comes to flying.  We have enough to deal with up there without adding extra steps just to sound busier, which to me seems like what the other SOPs do.

Hmmm.  I cannot edit my post above, so I guess I'll reply again at the risk of double posting.  Sorry about that.

So my verdict is in.  SOP1 is my preferred SOP.  I like using the autopilot during cruise, and I occasionally like using autoflight for approaches.  I tried SOP2 three times this morning and every time I followed SOP2 correctly, yet we cannot use autopilot at all on SOP2.  Whenever I follow SOP1, all my systems work fine.  So my verdict is official - SOP1 FTW.