Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Conspiracy Time

59 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Some of the countries in that list with the big discounts could hardly be described as being weak! As usual with anything computer-related (and particularly with Steam, it would appear), the UK and Europe suffer the most - very puzzling.

These are not discounted prices, they are actual prices, when steam is on sales those prices are even lower. Steam let developers use regionalized prices if they want. Not sure but I think those prices are based on Purchase Power Parity. Russia has a really undervalued currency, this is why they have the cheapest price.

Euro and British Pound are really valued currencies when compared for example with Russian Ruble. 

Nothing particularly suspicious about the pricing of our Arrow III. DTG use the Steam currency conversion system and we use our own, hence the differing non-GBP prices (GBP is the 'standard' price as we are UK company).

DTG have in no way licensed our software, they simply sell it via their Steam store.

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

On 11 September 2017 at 6:39 PM, Martyn JF said:

DTG use the Steam currency conversion system and we use our own, hence the differing non-GBP prices (GBP is the 'standard' price as we are UK company).

I can accept that there may be some variation in price because of currency differences/fluctuations but it's puzzling to understand why some countries pay less than half the price that the UK pays for the same, downloaded product (and that the UK and EU should end up paying more than the US does). Surely that can't be down to just a currency conversion?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

4 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

I can accept that there may be some variation in price because of currency differences/fluctuations but it's puzzling to understand why some countries pay less than half the price that the UK pays for the same, downloaded product (and that the UK and EU should end up paying more than the US does). 

Tell that to MS, they sell their products at a flat rate conversion, for example if one of their licenses cost in USA 30 usd, they will charge for the same product 30 GPB here in the UK.

They think we are RICH!!, maybe after brexit we will be poor and the situation might change 😂

Simbol 

6 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

I can accept that there may be some variation in price because of currency differences/fluctuations but it's puzzling to understand why some countries pay less than half the price that the UK pays for the same, downloaded product (and that the UK and EU should end up paying more than the US does). Surely that can't be anything to do with currency conversions?

It's partly due to currency conversions, but mostly due to the variation in tax rates around the world.

6 minutes ago, A32xx said:

It's partly due to currency conversions, but mostly due to the variation in tax rates around the world.

If that was the case there should be a maximum of 20% difference as that's the extra sales tax (VAT) we pay in the UK over the base price.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit