Sign in to follow this  
Guest VApilot2004

What's your favorite livery?

Like this one too! :-)

I really love the tail of 'Lufthansa' It has such a lovely blue colour. So that is my favourite livery.A close second is the old 'B.O.A.C.' livery with the speedbird on the tail.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Nice Dc-8 Pics, JP. ThanksI flew on a Dc-8-62 (I think it was a -62) wearing United Colours between LAX and JFK in about 1979. Man, that cabin was so long! This was back in the days when kids got freebies on board and I was still young enough to get given them - I still have the handout dc-10 shaped eraser to this day.CheersLungsPS my favourite livery is probably that of BOAC, with the Speedbird on the tail. Very elegant.

you are such a lucky man Lungs ;)my biggest wish is to once fly a DC8-62CF(although i wouldn't turn down the chance to ride a 63 or 73)...i love those planes,ever since i first saw one.which was very much like the third pic...noise and smoke :)i'm only too happy they're still flying :)i hardly fly anything else in the sim these days.tataJP.

Guest KFD

Southwest.....old colours.....just sentimental, I guess!!Kev

Guest pez_man

Hmm, really hard to select just one! SAS latest livery is really crisp and fresh! KLM's timeless livery is not bad either. And of course BA:s world tails, a real shame they abandoned them, that regular Union Jack livery is a bit bland.. And I have to second the post above about BOAC:s old livery, awesome! Least favourite is probably SAS old colors (brr, it really smells the eighties..) All time favourite though is SAS really old livery, that Viking-ship is just awesome!http://www.airliners.net/open.file/537767/M/regards fredrik

I was fond of AirCal's livery. After they were absorbed by American, there were a few interesting AA aircraft with AirCal liveries until their time for painting came due... http://www.airliners.net/open.file/732595/M/2nd Runner up--TransInternational/TransAmerica--a charter airline that used to fly stretch DC-8's. Flew them in '77 in my first transatlantic hop. http://www.airliners.net/open.file/702326/M/-John

Hi JPWhich DC8 combination do you fly in FS? I would like a nice dc-8 to fly. I have seen the HJG offerings but IIRC they are FS2002 models and look a wee bit basic now.CheersLungs