Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

A few touch and go issues

Greetings,

I only yesterday got FS2Crew for the Queen and I encoutnered an issue right on the first two flights.
To get comfortable with it I tried to do some touch and goes.

It turned out that when you select the touch and go option in the approach brief the FO will refuse to read the landing checklist.
It understands my voice command "landing checklist" (as shown in the green bar), but he does not react to it.
As soon as I select another option, such as ILS approach, he reads the checklist without issues.
I had to advance FS2Crew into the next mode manually to be able to continue on.

I'm using SOP1 and the P3Dv4 version.

Furthermore, reading your post here:

I understand that the training captain (that's NOT me, is it?) should retract the flaps to 20 and set the trim to 6 units when I advance the thrust levers after touchdown.
Nothing of that happened. I had to order/do it all by myself. Is that as intended?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Hi Bryan,

I tried both, Speedbrakes disarmed (as it should be) and speedbrake armed. In both cases no reaction.

(Not even the normal "Captain, the Speedbrakes are not armed yet" which I would hear with other approach types)

Thanks Bryan, you're welcome!

Setting up for my first "real" line flight now, I'm sure this will be a better experience! :)
Thanks for taking care!

Hi Bryan, I tried today to perform some circuits with touch and goes with v1.1 (P3D v4.1, SOP 1), but there are some issues. I tried setting up the approach in the secondary panel either before taking off or before approach.

In case the "Touch and go" approach has been set up before taking off:

1. The FO says "rotate" when Vr has already been passed by about 10 knots.

2. The FO does not respond to my After takeoff checklist call.

In any case:

3. The FO does not respond to my Landing checklist call (I checked with the green bar and it's understood correctly) and does nothing when landing (shouldn't het set the flaps to 20?).

Can you please check?

By the way, what needs to be said at minimums? I can't say "land".

Thank you and best regards,

James

James Goggi

47 minutes ago, byork said:

VR for the touch and go I believe is based on VREF.

Ah, ok, so better to select the approach after takeoff.

47 minutes ago, byork said:

You're positive you selected Touch and Go's on the Approach Brief for the approach option?

Absolutely positive.

James Goggi

I tried many times. Sometimes I get a "check the landing flaps", even if flaps are at 30 and agree with what set in the approach brief. There is no way to get through the landing checklist.

James Goggi

5 hours ago, jgoggi said:

I tried many times. Sometimes I get a "check the landing flaps", even if flaps are at 30 and agree with what set in the approach brief. There is no way to get through the landing checklist.

Do you have Flaps 30 selected on the Approach Ref page?

Yes, Bryan, I tried several times, even with flaps 25 and also tried recycling flaps by asking the FO for flaps 20, then 30 again. He correctly selects the flaps and I check that they are extended and green, but when I call for the landing checklist, again "check the landing flaps". Everything works perfectly when not using the touch and go option, e.g. if I select the next option, "ILS". As soon as I go back to the "touch and go" option, it's impossible to complete the landing checklist. Does it work correctly on your side?

James Goggi

Thanks Bryan. Do you think it will take long for v 1.2? 

James Goggi