Sign in to follow this  
Vineguy

ILS for runway 10-28 KATL

Is there any way to add the ILS to runway 10-28 at KATL for P3DV4?

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

There is no ILS on RWY 10/28 at KATL...if you want one you will have to create the whole thing , frequency and all..

Jorge

I'm just a bit confused by the question as well as Jorge's answer.  In the stock P3D KATL, the physical runway 10/28 does not exist at all, so consequently, there isn't an ILS for each of the runways.  Jorge's answer seems to imply the physical runways are there, but are not equipped with an ILS.  Apologies if I misread or misunderstood what you wrote, Jorge.

The only runways at stock P3D KATL out-of-the-box are 9/27 L&R and 8/26 L&R, and all of them have fully functioning ILS capability.  P3D's KATL would need to be modified to add the new physical runway/taxiways as well as all the related navaids.  

The ImagineSim KATL addon does add 10/28 to KATL with fully functioning ILS capability just as in real life.

Hope this helps

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I do have both runways in P3DV4 that are stock. No ILS however.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

1 hour ago, Vineguy said:

You can add navaids to stock airports with Airport Design Editor ADE free from Scruffyduck. Very easy to use and powerful tool and widespread use.  With it you copy the default airport into an ADE file, modify it as you want and then compile it (you must also get the P3Dv4 SDK) using the P3Dv4 compiler and you end up with an AFCAD file that you add as an add-on scenery.  If you haven't done this before I highly recommend learning how as a worthwhile extension to your flight simulation experience.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for that info. Believe it or not, I have the PMDG 737-800 installed for years but, with the beta testing I am doing I really have not had the time to learn how to fly it, and program the FMC.:blush:

If you just need to enter/change the ILS frequency, I use the ILS/Runway inspector . This free utility can be found here : http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Works fine with v4 and there is some other cool stuff as well :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

2 hours ago, Vineguy said:

Hi Vineguy.  I'm confused... again :)  

I have a stock install of P3Dv4 and KATL only has the four main runways I listed in my post above.  Are you saying that your stock install (vanilla P3Dv4) has the new 5th runway, 10/28, showing on the south side of the other 4 main runways?  Just curious, my friend, since neither FSX nor P3D ever had 10/28 for KATL after any of my installs.  I'd appreciate clarification since I'm not sure how I could have missed that since KATL is my main hub.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Yes, I have all the runways showing for KATL. Only 28-10 are visual only. I have landed 28 recently. Do you have the updated P3DV4 installed?

11 minutes ago, Vineguy said:

Yes, I have all the runways showing for KATL. Only 28-10 are visual only. I have landed 28 recently. Do you have the updated P3DV4 installed?

Please accept my public apology for challenging your assertion.  Long ago I'd used ADE to modify KATL's taxi lines between the terminals and installed my modified .ade file in the Addon Files folder in the main sim directory.  When I installed P3Dv4, I added those modified .ade files to the Addon Files folder and inadvertently overlayed the new KATL that LM added in P3Dv4 with my earlier FSX/P3Dv1-3 version.  Totally my bad, and I'm stunned I never realized this.  It's a pity LM didn't implement a fully functioning runway system for 10/28.

Your question makes complete sense, and you have the answers from other contributors above about using Airport Design Editor.  I will be doing the same since I have experience with ADE.

Doug Miannay

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

Please accept my public apology for challenging your assertion.  Long ago I'd used ADE to modify KATL's taxi lines between the terminals and installed my modified .ade file in the Addon Files folder in the main sim directory.  When I installed P3Dv4, I added those modified .ade files to the Addon Files folder and inadvertently overlayed the new KATL that LM added in P3Dv4 with my earlier FSX/P3Dv1-3 version.  Totally my bad, and I'm stunned I never realized this.  It's a pity LM didn't implement a fully functioning runway system for 10/28.

Your question makes complete sense, and you have the answers from other contributors above about using Airport Design Editor.  I will be doing the same since I have experience with ADE.

No problem. Glad the question led you to find that out so you may repair it.