Sign in to follow this  
DerFlieger

Question concerning the QW757

Hi there,

yesterday I took the 757 with the retrofitted panel option on a small tour and noticed something which looks like a weird bug to me...but maybe it's just some installation problem. So hopefully someone on here can shed some light on my issue. :)

This what according to the manual the EFIS control panel for the retrofit cockpit should be looking like:

efis6ezw7.jpg

On my system the EFIS control panel with the retrofit cockpit looks like this:

myefis3su2d.jpg

As you can see, I am completely missing the Barometric Setting Control (marked with number 11 in the manual) on the lower part of the EFIS control panel. This makes it impossible for me to switch from inches to hpa when flying in areas where hpa is used for the barometric setting.

Can someone confirm this bug? Or did something go wrong with my installation?

I have also posted this on the QW forums, but seeing that they have ended all support for the 757 and the low activity on their forum I decided to post here on the Avsim forums as well. :)

Cheers,

Sebastian

2 hours ago, DerFlieger said:

I have also posted this on the QW forums, but seeing that they have ended all support for the 757 and the low activity on their forum I decided to post here on the Avsim forums as well. :)

I can't answer your question, but are you sure that you were looking at the correct forum?  The official forum is hosted by Flight1.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie, 

thanks for your reply!

I have indeed posted on the forums hosted by Flight1, but looking through recent threads there are hardly any answers, most of them being from other forum members trying to help out each other and almost no post by a developer. I also have asked for help with their Avro product (the download link for the Swiss repaint on their homepage is broken), but nobody has answered and the link is still broken as of today.

Therefore I decided to post here on the Avsim forums...maybe somebody can confirm that they experience the same problem so I can at least be sure it's nothing to do with my setup. :)

Cheers,

Sebastian

39 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Is the clickspot still present and working?

Negative, there is no click spot to be found on the whole panel...

Sebastian,

It's the same with my QW757.  Mine also doesn't show the elapsed time selector or the SET rate selector on the virtual cockpit clock (regular panel).  I asked about this in the QW forum but no reply.  Hopefully a better rendition of a B757 should be around soon.  

Dave

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

51 minutes ago, SAX702 said:

Sebastian,

It's the same with my QW757.  Mine also doesn't show the elapsed time selector or the SET rate selector on the virtual cockpit clock (regular panel).  I asked about this in the QW forum but no reply.  Hopefully a better rendition of a B757 should be around soon.  

Dave

Hi Dave, 

thanks for your answer. So it seems like this is definitely a bug with the 757...haven't noticed the missing ET yet, but it looks like there are some issues with the aircraft. It's a shame that nobody on the forums answers any of those questions. :(

I'm really looking forward to the Level-D 757, would be great to have a real study-level rendition of this magnificent aircraft.

Sebastian

Not sure if i've ever noticed or fixed this, but you can try my mods and see if they improve things:

Haven't spent much time with the 757 afterward after noticing that the cockpit geometry is somewhat off. And at least improving it turned out to be just too much of a PITA.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days