Sign in to follow this  
scisimmer

How can I change "on repeat" speed?

Hello

First of all, a big thank you for LINDA, great piece of software.

I have a question regarding the "on repeat" speed: I have 16-indent rotary encoder that I want to use for setting my heading bug. Using "HDG plus/minus" function will not work for me because to make the full 360°, I would need to turn the encoder 22.5 times. However, "HDG plusfast/plusminus" won't give me the 1° granularity. Therefore, I intend to use "HDG plus/minus" on press and "HDG plusfast/plusminus" on repeat. After the first 1° increment, it nicely goes into "fast-mode". My problem though is that I have to wait way too long to be able to do 1° increments again. It appears that it takes repeating inputs into account that are spaced too much apart.

Is there any option I can tweak to shorten the amount of time LINDA looks for a repeat input?

Thanks!

To help me answer your question, which has come up before, can you tell me how the rotary encoder presents itself to LINDA. Is it a series of 'button' presses? Is the a distinct gap between each rotary position or is it simply held on while being turned?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew