Sign in to follow this  
ninerwhiskey9W

Problem adding AFCAD folder to scenery library

Hello,

I was trying to add a few AFCADs and Sceneries for an upcoming IVAO event, but got the error :

"SCENERY.CFG file error.

Could not find scenery Area,140's local scenery directory F:\Addon Scenery\IVAO\AFCAD"

Would you like to unload this area ?

I tried choosing both yes and no, but the airports wont load in either case.

Some the airports have only AFCADs, and others have some custom scenery included. Each airport has its own folder in the AFCAD folder.

I have other payware scenery installed in the Addon Scenery folder which work without any problems. 

In the scenery.cfg file, the folder is listed with ACTIVE=FALSE and REQUIRED=FALSE

Any solutions ?

Exactly what Christopher asked.  When you provide a path to a scenery named IVAO, P3D is going to expect to find Addon Scenery\IVAO\Scenery and the AFCAD within the Scenery folder. This is the same scheme that you probably already have in use with Addon Scenery\Scenery folder.  You can put AFCADs directly into Addon Scenery\Scenery or you can create subdirectories such as Addon Scenery\IVAO but you must provide a \Scenery subfolder.  For this reason, if all I add is a single files such as an AFCAD then it put it under Addon Scenery\Scenery and only add the additional layer down if my addon location has multiple files.

By the way, this is much easier to do by using the addon xml method when you have multiple Addon Scenery entries, once you get past the first time.  It is not complicated, just new.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ditto what was said.  I have AFCAD's for Phoenix placed inside a scenery folder with my photoreal scenery and they work fine, even though they were originally created for FSX.

John

I dont have a folder called "Scenery" directly in the AFCAD folder. I made a folder for each of the Airports separately. Some of these have a separate "Scenery" and "Texture" folders inside them and some just have the AFCADs. So I should add each of these folders separately to the P3D library or will renaming the AFCAD folder to scenery work too?

1 minute ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I dont have a folder called directly in the AFCAD folder. I made a folder for each of the Airports separately. Some of these have a separate "Scenery" and "Texture" folders inside them and some just have the AFCADs. So I should add each of these folders separately to the P3D library ?

An AFCAD is a scenery bgl that happens to have an airport container within it.  They belong in a Scenery folder.

Dan Downs KCRP