Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Has anyone tried the new DC-9

Hard to know where I am supposed to post this, but hey, here is where I do most of my reading, so here goes.

Anyone buy and fly the new Sky Simulations McDonnell Douglas DC-9 for Prepar3D Version 4? I don't even know who they are, and except for the announcement on the AVSIM front page know nothing about their products.

The pictures and claims sound good and make it seem like am immersive and detailed simulation product. I don't want to be the first one to try it for P3Dv4!

Thoughts?

Kind regards,

Pretty sure its not a new DC-9 but a port forward from FSX.  I have it.  Its atrocious OMHO.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Well, I just purchased it and it doesn't show up in the V4 aircraft selector... even after running their SP1.

Brad Johnson, ASEL, Instrument Rated.

FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.1

PMDG, A2A, Flight1, Wilco

ORBX, Active Sky Next, REX

Not got a lot of faith in them. I bought the FSX version and it wouldn't install, every time I tried to verify it online, it went to a dead link. I emailed their support and they said they'd sort it and never got back to me. So I'll not be buying anything else from them. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Anyone buy and fly the new Sky Simulations McDonnell Douglas DC-9 for Prepar3D Version 4? I don't even know who they are, and except for the announcement on the AVSIM front page know nothing about their products.

I can tell the guys at Skysim don't excel in product support. Expect a lot of bugs. I bought the product for FSX, then the update/patch for P3Dv3 (don't remember if it was free or not), and uninstalled it without flying too much.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Well there we go.

Thanks for the feedback. No wonder the reaction to the announcement was so..., let's just say, understated.

Why would those outlets even be willing to market something like that? 

Does not do anyone's reputation or business any good. 

Thank you.

Kind regards,

There are some very slight hints over at the Coolsky forum that their wonderful DC-9 will have a P3D update in the future.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

6 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

There are some very slight hints over at the Coolsky forum that their wonderful DC-9 will have a P3D update in the future.

Yes, I was reading the other thread(s) on that. I will definitely be interested a new MadDog or DC-9 from Coolsky.

Kind regards,