Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

cannot map Saitek controllers with P3D v 4

I have been  using Saitek Yoke, rudder pedals and two throttle quadrants, which have worked just fine in FSX. Using Windows 10 with extensive custom key and axis assignents for flying with PMDG 737.

I am new to P3D. Installed v4.

In P3 D all of the 3 controllers show up just fine. However when I tried to remap the key assignments and axes exactly like my FSX setup it appears that whether I use Raw or Direct input method, all the assignment go into one "bin" independent of the particular controller I select. This despite being careful to select an individual controller  from the dropdown list and enter the assignments with that controller being selected. This leads to conflicts.

So for example, the  Proflight Yoke button 3 gets assigned to  to the elevator trim. OK. Then I select Throttle quadrant controller from the dropdown,  button assignments and try to assign  button 3 of the throttle quadrant to TOGA, and it says that the button 3 is already assigned to elevator trim. I went back and checked FSX and the button numbers overlap without any problem, because they are independently assigned within each controller, ie button 3 for Yoke is different and segregated from button 3 for throttle quadrant.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? If I cannot solve this of course, it will be a quick return to LM for my Prepare 3D purchase.

Greg

Greg Clark

Do you have your throttle quadrant USB connected to your yoke or directly into your computer? I've got a Saitek Pro (Logitech) yoke and the throttle quadrant PS2 connector plugs into the yoke so the throttle buttons are numbered 15 through 20.

I only just got mine a few weeks ago, so maybe the new ones do it differently to yours.

The other thing I remember is that I think you need to install a Saitek driver to map your second throttle quadrant. I've only got the one so I never had to properly investigate the matter.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Mike Beckwith

Hi,

The way it works is that the two throttle quadrants and rudder pedals connect to the Yoke, which in turn connects directly to a single USB port. That way has always worked with FSX. When I upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 long ago, I installed the windows 10 drivers and the controllers all worked just fine. FSX has no difficulty in not separating the key and axis assignments for each controller. in P3D, all of the three controllers key assignments and axes are lumped together, hence the conflicts.  Since Logitech took over Saitek,  support has been marginal at best. Their own website mentions downloading software that controls the programming as well as drivers. I do not want to install programs to control the keys at a primary level, only drivers. And I already installed them, with mention only for Windows 10 not P3D vs FSX. They do not even bother to differentiate drivers from programming software. In addition the link you supplied goes only to an empty page, there are no drivers there, in true Logitech fashion, and I do not see any information that the drivers need to updated for P3D.  Again, they all work fine in FSX.

Thanks

Greg

Greg Clark

Hi Greg,

I am using "SPAD.next" software for my Saitek hardware and P3Dv4. You can assign anything to anything if you want.

Hi,

Thanks for this information. I would prefer not to have to use a third party solution but rather just use the native interface. I am beginning to think this may be a P3Dv4 bug, but would like to know if anyone else has had this problem, and if they solved it without resorting to purchasing another add on.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Clark