Sign in to follow this  
gross9901

P3D V4 Freezing with PMDG

Hello,
At the last time my P3D V4 is freezing after few hours while I'm flying on the PMDG aircrafts, the thing is that my P3D is keeps running in the background and my plane is keeps flying (according to VATSPY for example) and if I'm pressing any buttons I can hear that like disconnecting auto pilot, auto throttle etc.

I've tried everything, following the general debugging steps, doing twice a format to my computer and checking out the addons that I've installed.

My specs:
I7-6700K 4Ghz
GTX 1080
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit

here's my recent freezing/CTD logs:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7254
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004d0e9
Faulting process id: 0x137c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3293c6b5fa158
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Prepar3D v4\ai_player.dll
Report Id: 41461ec4-00cc-400a-8962-e44096b792f6
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FF901D69E08 Stack:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0xa329d3a8 Exception code: 0xc0000374 Fault offset: 0x00000000000f775f Faulting process id: 0x1900 Faulting application start time: 0x01d321c89e62a238 Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll Report Id: 57e521ce-0d26-4ef0-b755-a5cb15963093 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks for the help!

ai_player.dll points often to a faulty AI model, could be an old FS9 Model

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

9 hours ago, gross9901 said:

Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FF901D69E08 Stack:

No known solution but one person uninstalled dotnet 4.5 and reinstalled 4.0 and it fixed the problem (never tried this but, if this does not work, you can reinstall 4.5 or let Windows Update do it for you).

Most have found it was a corrupted user profile - https://neosmart.net/wiki/corrupt-user-profile/.  Before this you could first try doing a system restore back to a time before the errors started popping up but remember you will probably have to reinstall the PMDG aircraft plus any software installed after the restore date.  The User Profile fix will not mess with P3D or any addons.  You move your old user files over to the new one.  I did it once and it fixed my problem with the kernelbase.dll error but that was a long time ago.

The ntdll.dll error has several possible fixes.  See page 32, AVSIM CTD Guide.  But a system restore or fixing a corrupt user profile will probably fix this error as well as the kernelbase.dll error.

The ai_player.dll is associated with AI and most have had problems with this error if they have MyTrafficX installed.  It has been found that the trafficmil.bgl in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder contains many corrupt, missing, or old incompatible textures developed back in the really old days of FS9.  I would recommend going to the SimLauncherX Forum hosted here at AVSIM in the Freeware section and download SimLauncherX.  It has the capability to screen all of your AI and make sure the textures are FSX or P3D compatible.  If not, it will convert them.  Go to Home and the Misc>Fix AI Aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

26 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

No known solution but one person uninstalled dotnet 4.5 and reinstalled 4.0 and it fixed the problem (never tried this but, if this does not work, you can reinstall 4.5 or let Windows Update do it for you).

Most have found it was a corrupted user profile - https://neosmart.net/wiki/corrupt-user-profile/.  Before this you could first try doing a system restore back to a time before the errors started popping up but remember you will probably have to reinstall the PMDG aircraft plus any software installed after the restore date.  The User Profile fix will not mess with P3D or any addons.  You move your old user files over to the new one.  I did it once and it fixed my problem with the kernelbase.dll error but that was a long time ago.

The ntdll.dll error has several possible fixes.  See page 32, AVSIM CTD Guide.  But a system restore or fixing a corrupt user profile will probably fix this error as well as the kernelbase.dll error.

The ai_player.dll is associated with AI and most have had problems with this error if they have MyTrafficX installed.  It has been found that the trafficmil.bgl in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder contains many corrupt, missing, or old incompatible textures developed back in the really old days of FS9.  I would recommend going to the SimLauncherX Forum hosted here at AVSIM in the Freeware section and download SimLauncherX.  It has the capability to screen all of your AI and make sure the textures are FSX or P3D compatible.  If not, it will convert them.  Go to Home and the Misc>Fix AI Aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the help!

NTDLL and kernelbase.dll errors has been gone for a while, the only common CTD error that I'm getting non stop (even after 2 clean formats WIN10) is basically the ai_player.dll error, I don't have any MyTraffic addons all I have is SPAI 7.1 for VATSIM.

Much appreciated,

Itay.

SPAI is pirated software as the developer took aircraft from other developers without their permission and put them into his program and then asked everyone for donations.  If you are getting ai_player.dll errors then that is the cause.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

SPAI is pirated software as the developer took aircraft from other developers without their permission and put them into his program and then asked everyone for donations.  If you are getting ai_player.dll errors then that is the cause.

I didn't noticed that it's a pirated software, although I gave him a donation for that in order to get the download link for it.

I have few friends and I guess as well the rest of the P3D V4's VATSIM pilots are using it :/ are you sure that it's fully related to SPAI and not to something else? because it's some flights happens to me and sometimes not (mostly crash during long hual flights).

Thanks!

I am going to have to close this topic as we do not allow any discussions of pirated software on AVSIM.  I think the OP has enough information to fix his issue.  If not, he can start a new topic.

Submit News to AVSIM