Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Request for some more enroute activity

not 747 specific, but i'm almost 100% certain that all crews have to perform regular NAV checks in uncontrolled airspaces (like atlantic crossings), or is this airline SOP?

on the other hand, those NAV checks are usually being performed when crossing a waypoint, might be difficult to implement as FS2Crew is not flightplan aware

On 9/13/2017 at 7:30 AM, byork said:

Out of curiosity -maybe this is an abyss I don't want to look into lest it look back on me-, but how many of you are actually doing 10 - 12 hour flights in "real-time"?

Hy Bryan,

I fly for the old TCA virtual airline. I've flown monthly long haul cargo flights for the last 3 years or so. That's 6 long hauls every month. I stopped for a few months because I've moved to P3d4 but the PMDG MD11, my plane, didn't, neither did Level-D 767. All with FS2Crew. That's why I just bought the 747. Usually I make overnight flights. Take off at night local time, leave the aircraft on autopilot and land the next morning. Always real time, real weather.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

On 9/10/2017 at 6:11 AM, Emi said:

Is there any chance to get something more happening enroute?

I would apprechiate if the FO could regularly (say each 30-60 mins) check the EICAS pages, maybe the FA coming up from time to time asking if everything is alright and if we need anything, etc.
Maybe even the FO taking some controlled rest?
Just some sort of stuff that brings a bit more life into our cruise flights on long hauls.

I would DEFINITELY support this!!!!

On 9/13/2017 at 0:30 AM, byork said:

Out of curiosity -maybe this is an abyss I don't want to look into lest it look back on me-, but how many of you are actually doing 10 - 12 hour flights in "real-time"?

Does an 18 hour real-time flight from Denver to Sydney on a regular basis count?  :)  Though my average flight is admittedly domestic in length.  2 hours in the air, but even at 2 hours, I tend to get bored very easily and if it weren't for me having Xfinity open on another monitor so i can watch some shows I'd go totally nuts.  As it is when i do a long haul I always do other stuff.  But it would be cool to at least once during cruise randomly have an F/A pop up and ask how we're doing :)

Are you guys literally sitting in front of the computer screen for the entire long haul flight?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

For me, yes.  But then again I have multiple monitors.  So I bring entertainment up on another screen to keep me from total boredom.  I will get up to use the lavatory or to grab a snack, but then again the real world pilots do that as well, so it doesn't break immersion to do that.  A simple "You have control" to the F/O and off I go, do my thing, come back, "I have control", and then continue to binge watch Law & Order or Northern Woods Law while the flight continues :)