Sign in to follow this  
Acerazus

Takes a long time for textures to load in

I found I had the same thing on my old system and FSX.  Switching views I would sometimes find myself in a gray Carenado cockpit for ten or fifteen seconds.  Problem went away with my new system and P3d4.

John

4 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I found I had the same thing on my old system and FSX.  Switching views I would sometimes find myself in a gray Carenado cockpit for ten or fifteen seconds.  Problem went away with my new system and P3d4.

John

Maybe it's time to move on? To move to a new simulator? To be honest I was planning to get p3dv4 anyway. What are your specs?

17 minutes ago, Acerazus said:

Maybe it's time to move on? To move to a new simulator? To be honest I was planning to get p3dv4 anyway. What are your specs?

My new system is an I7 7700 running at 3.6 GHZ.  The bundled vid card is a 1060  GTX with 3GB of VRAM.  My motherboard has 8GB of RAM.  My HD is a Western Digital running at 7200 rpm.

I loaded MSE California, it stays crisp and clear with my fps locked at 33 fps.  My fps stays at 33 fps, when unlocked it jumps between 40-70 fps.  I don't use autogen over photoreal scenery, I run with 25 pct. AI, just enough to keep the sim populated with aircraft, and I have my AA set at 4X.  Everything else in P3D is maxed.

In XP11 I have everything maxed except for AA, which again I keep at 4X.  FPS there with the default aircraft are phenomenal.

Only other benchmarks I have are No Limits 2 Coaster sim, which runs buttery smooth, and the Valley benchmark from UIEngine, which comes in at 70fps with settings maxed.

John

I should add my system is configured for gaming, thus no background apps that can slow performance.  I run with browsers closed and all other apps closed.  No multitasking when I sim.

I have exactly the same problem, though the VC textures are white rather than gray. It only happens after changing views. It doesn't seem related to overall performance - I rarely see FPS below 24 and I use almost all of the available Orbx regional sceneries and about 250 complex addon airport sceneries. My system is an older one but still quite capable and video card is state of the art so I truly don't think it's hardware.

Sometimes it's accompanied by the clouds showing as rectangles. It's only an occasional thing but annoying when it does happen. My suspicion is that it's caused by other programs running in the background and soaking up memory but I haven't been able to identify any particular culprit.

Is there any word not allowed-proof (for me) utility that can shut down all background programs that are not essential for running FSX-SE and related programs?

18 minutes ago, kiwiflyer45 said:

I have exactly the same problem, though the VC textures are white rather than gray. It only happens after changing views. It doesn't seem related to overall performance - I rarely see FPS below 24 and I use almost all of the available Orbx regional sceneries and about 250 complex addon airport sceneries. My system is an older one but still quite capable and video card is state of the art so I truly don't think it's hardware.

Sometimes it's accompanied by the clouds showing as rectangles. It's only an occasional thing but annoying when it does happen. My suspicion is that it's caused by other programs running in the background and soaking up memory but I haven't been able to identify any particular culprit.

Is there any word not allowed-proof (for me) utility that can shut down all background programs that are not essential for running FSX-SE and related programs?

Any relationship to this thread back in May? 

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, charliearon said:

Any relationship to this thread back in May? 

There may be some relationship but I don't think so. The black rectangles show up when an effect like VASI lights shows up in the distance - then when I get a bit closer the texture loads and it's normal. The other issue only happens when changing views and distance doesn't influence it as it's inside the VC... If the video card is the common issue, then it may be that I'm not using the optimum settings for it, ?????