Sign in to follow this  
fuji3618

MCP Combo 2 Boeing Type

Hello. I have MCP Combo 2 Boeing type and use it by LINDA in P3D V4. Do I have to close P3D and turn off the power of MCP Combo every flight?

I can succeed to load the aircraft to MCP Combo at first flight after I start P3D. When I turn ON the power of MCP Combo, the message is  "VRinsight, Flight Dream Supplier". When I start P3D, the message is changed to "MCP Select Your Aircraft and FLY Now". In this case I can use it.

However, from second flight, for example changing aircraft, location and so on, MCP Combo does not recognize the aircraft. The message on MCP Combo remains "VRinsight, Flight Dream Supplier" although LINDA is ready.

Could you tell me how I make MCP Combo recognize aircraft easily without closing P3D and turn off the power of MCP Combo? The setting on LINDA looks good.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Fuji

Welcome to the LINDA forum. You should not need to close P3Dv4 or turn off your MCP every flight. What is important is that the MCP is switch on before starting P3Dv4 and LINDA. This is because FSUIPC5 only detect the MCP when is starts up with P3Dv4. You must not use the VRSim software as this conflicts with LINDA which is why you are see the Select your aircraft and fly now message. You only need the VRI supplier SerialFP drivers installed. Also make sure you have the correct COMport and MCP2 selected in Setup MCP page.

When you switch on the MCP you will see the 'MCP-Combo/Boeing Type v1.100/VRinsight,Flight Dream Supplier' message. When LINDA starts you should see the LINDA version in the radio display (LINDA 3.0.2) before the detected aircraft type appears.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for the reply. I have tried to set it for a few days, but I still cannot use MCP Combo in both default aircraft or PMDG aircraft(I have installed PMDG module).

I got FSUIPC5 paid version. I installed SerialFP2. LINDA setting looks good. LINDA shows green "Everything is OK".

Also, I do not use VRSim sofotware, but I still sometimes see "Select your aircraft and fly now" message. Does VRSim software start automatically?

After I turn ON MCP Combo, I can see "MCP-Combo/Boeing Type v1.100/VRinsight,Flight Dream Supplier" message on MCP Combo. When I start P3D, I can see "LINDA restarting, Please wait. Do not operate buttons" message then "LINDA READY" message in P3D. During this time, MCP Combo background lights on each buttons blink(Loading? Connecting?), but after "LINDA READY" message appears in P3D, I cannot see LINDA version and selected aircraft ton MCP Combo. Could you give me further support?

Thank you.

I think you VRISIM software I starting automatically. You need to check whether the process is running, using Activity Monitor (I think). 

Take a look at this LINDA demo I put together on YouTube. Look at 3:58 to 5:00 mins. You will see what to expect on the MCP display. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

The next thing I will ask you to do is follow the Fault Diagnosis thread above and email the fsuipc5.log and linda2.log. This will show me what is going on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

28 minutes ago, bill_lau_hk said:

I have the same issue too. Does anyone can provide the final solution, please?

Please read this thread and try the test version of FSUIPC 5.15i and the test build of LINDA 3.0.11 referred to. Report whether this solves your issues.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

44 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Please read this thread and try the test version of FSUIPC 5.15i and the test build of LINDA 3.0.11 referred to. Report whether this solves your issues.

However, I use the FSX. I do install the latest FSUIPC4 4.971 and the LINDA 3.0.11. Is that the reason that cannot working?

25 minutes ago, bill_lau_hk said:

However, I use the FSX. I do install the latest FSUIPC4 4.971 and the LINDA 3.0.11. Is that the reason that cannot working?

You did not say what Flt Sim or Windows you were using. The MCP issue appears to be related to Win10 and recent purchasers. I do not think the power spike issue should affect you with FSX. Do not use the test build 3.0.11 - reinstall 3.0.9.

You will need to follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure thread and email me you logs. Please open the Console and tick the VRI logging checkbox. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK