Sign in to follow this  
captaincupcake

B747-8i Add-on

Hi All,

I have just been looking around on sites like Avsim and FlightSim.com etc and notice there are repaints of the B747-8i

Have I missed something as I didn't think the 8i had been released yet from PMDG. Maybe someone could enlighten me!

When I purchased the 747 package from PMDG (online) am I correct in thinking the 8i will be available at no extra charge?

Sorry if I'm sounding kinda dumb!

Hi Cupcake, please note PMDG forum rules ask us to sign our real names on all posts here.

There was a B748 cosmetic addon for the earlier (legacy) product.  It never did have anything but a different external model.  The B748 they are working on now is as different from the B744 as the real thing and I expect the long development time speaks to how much different.  There will be a price for the expansion just as there is a cost to add the B77W to the base B77L package; however, due to the limited similarities between B744 and B748 I wouldn't hold onto any expectations of what the cost might be.

Dan Downs KCRP

To summarise:

- What you are seeing on the internet is old pmdg stuff from their old product. It included a 748 exterior model only (eye candy) if I recall correctly.

- PMDG are building a new 747-8i/F at the moment which will be true to its real world counterpart. Its release date is unknown. PMDG do not give release dates. Don't ask for one, or for a price for that matter.

Brian Nellis